What happened here?

RoanokeFound

So here it is, the first in a series of "What happened here?"

I'll show you something (or you can show something) and give a few clues about it. And lets see what we can see. And it will always be somewhere in Roanoke.

First up: 94382974_f4c508d0ee.jpg

Back in the day, when reporters wore hats and used paper and pens to capture the news, one editor took a spill after a days hard work and a nights hard carousing.

The story is easy to find, especially if you know the location.

So where is this?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round #2: There are two of me downtown. One is pictured here - but where is here? The other is hidden in plain sight, in a place where your nose usually points up - not down to see it. Where is this one, and where is its twin?

94811152_7b49670044.jpg

Oh yes, the Crystal Tower Building IS the PDL - version 2.0. V1 burned in 1931. That was the one with the porches on the rear of the building. The one you most often see in postcards.

Well, the one in the photo is on stairs. The twin is on a sidewalk, but usually your busy looking around for food, and not staring at your feet as you walk. Unlike me.. I stare at my feet and follow my nose to some of the best chinese in town.

If it helps (which it probably won't) it's across from the old A&P

Archived