• Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Waaaaay better renderings!!!!

12168_1_big.jpg

12168_2_big.jpg

12168_3_big.jpg

12168_4_big.jpg

I'm really glad we're getting a building like this. I really love it. I guess I can forgive Humphrey's for stepping back on their design of Kotarides since they designed 201 and Granby Tower both to be exceptionally better designed buildings in our region.

With all the store fronts this looks like D.C. Norfolk will look fantastic after all these developements are complete.

This is where I would hope that the city throws its weight around and tries to get some new/interesting retail on board. The worst thing that could happen is that some Ghent chains are poached and move here while leaving empty store fronts.

This is where I would hope that the city throws its weight around and tries to get some new/interesting retail on board. The worst thing that could happen is that some Ghent chains are poached and move here while leaving empty store fronts.

You would think with the increase of people there that they would have to have more retail in and around that location.

• 4 months later...

It's not exactly an update, but the Farm Fresh is still standing, and there's been no sign of life around it for quite sometime, besides the vagrants wandering around. I'm hopeful that this project does get off the ground, definitely one that would help out the 21st corridor, much more so than the Bristol projects.

This used to be the Sears building, back in the early 1950s. I remember seeing the green and blue faces of people on the first color tv sets when they came out. Now we can see the same as people pay their fat rent checks after this gets built. It's a good location. Nice design, but it won't look so lively without all the banners and awnings.

• 4 weeks later...

This project goes before the planning commission September 28th. I've seen this on the docket many times before but didn't realize all the changes were related to 201 until I saw the property boundary lines which are exactly the same.

KJR 21ST STREET LLC., for the following applications on property bounded by 21st Street on the north, Omohundro Avenue to the east, 20th Street to the south and Llewellyn Avenue to the west; Geographic Parcel Identification Number 1438021889:

1. To amend The City of Norfolk Zoning Ordinance, 1992 as amended, by amending Chapter 11, Overlays, Section 11-21, “Pedestrian Commercial Overlay – 21st Street (PCO-21st Street)” to create a minimum area per dwelling unit and to allow a mixed use by special exception

2. A special exception to permit a mixed use

3. A special exception to operate a commercial drive-through

4. For the closing, vacating and discontinuing of the northern 30 feet portion of 20th Street extending from the eastern line of Llewellyn Avenue 550 feet, more or less, to the western line of Omohundro Avenue .

At anyrate it looks as though this project is still on track for a late fall start. :D

We need to keep posts about real estate matters in the real estate thread. It makes no sense to have the same discussion going on in 5 different threads. Tel, I understand your concerns about the housing market and they are duly noted but we can't keep taking these threads so far off-topic and i'm getting tired of moving posts. The Housing/real estate thread is the proper venue for this discussion. Any further posts about the housing market/bubble that are not in the proper thread will be summarily deleted.

On the design review committees October 9th docket.

201 21st Street , 201 Twenty One; mixed use construction (preliminary review) *

Being as it is the preliminary review we still have a little ways to go in the process. While it is still possible I wouldn't count on a late fall start to this project.

Archived