TCC Student Center Progress

tuffsim

• 1 month later...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The TCC Student Center is days away from opening (or so i hear). They're doing final touches on the interior now.

And in another unrelated note, the "You're all going to Hell" protester was in front of TCC today at lunchtime. He had his banners and bibles. First time i've seen him there in about a year.

And in another unrelated note, the "You're all going to Hell" protester was in front of TCC today at lunchtime. He had his banners and bibles. First time i've seen him there in about a year.

I saw him out there about a month ago. That guy's a maniac!

I would like to recant my previous comment about the addition of this TCC building, it is an excellent addition to DT/Granby street. Great use of space if you ask me, I still wish they added retail/resturant space to the side facing granby or monticello, but overall they turn that park into something nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Received an email from TCC. The student center is having an open house the 16th through the 20th. The public is invited to take self-guided tours through the center during that week. The official opening is May 23rd.

Some of the perks us students will be using include a fitness center, computer cafe and media discovery center, study rooms, a gaming area with billiards, ping pong, PS3, and Xbox 360 games, a children's village (short term child care while the parent is in class), and the Campus Cafe and Einstein's Bros. Bagels for eats. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw the Einsten Bagel location on Monticello (not in this new building btw, but close). It doesn't look open yet, but does anyone know when it will open? The one at ODU is closed for the summer.

It's already open, although i'm not sure about the hours. The first floor of the student center is open to everyone, so just walk right in.

Archived