Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShowMeKC

Missouri's Empire State Building

12 posts in this topic

Power & Light Building, Kansas City.

476ft without it's glass dome (which probably pushes it over 500ft)

35 floors

It held the title of Missouri's tallest for almost 50 years. From completion in 1931 (same year as the ESB) to 1980.

the US Bank Tower in STL is taller, but that is if you don't include P&L's dome (which would be considered as a spire)

129powerandlightlookup.jpg

129powerandlightbuildingbase.jpg

129powerandlightbuilding.jpg

129powerandlight.jpg

powerandlightbuildingphoto.jpg

---------------------

powerandlight_alone.jpg

powerandlight_lobby.jpg

powerbldg.jpg

powerandlighttopdetail.jpg

powerandlight_top.jpg

powerandlight_topdetail.jpg

powerandlight.jpg

powerandlightonekcplace.jpg

And a shot from the newest tallest building in Missouri:

DSCN0476.jpg

Hopefully it will earn another tallest status, plans are being considered of turning this into Missouri's tallest residential skyscraper.

The last pic is awesome! I love aerials like that!

That photo is from One Kansas City Place ;)

about 29th or 30th floor the guy said. (it's 42 floors alltogether)

Great pics! I like that building. It's too bad there are all those surface lots around the building though.

I don't think KCMO gets enough credit. I hate it when people automatically assume that Kansas City in in Kansas. It is, but its not the one that people are meaning to say.

KC doesn't get enough credit. It really seems to get overshadowed by St. Louis. It just isn't known as the large city it is to many people. Heck, I had no idea how large the city actually was until I joined these forums.

Most ppl dont know its the largest city in MO. And WAY TOO MANY people dont know that its in MO. I ask ppl up here what state they think KC is in and they automatically say KS. It is but you know thats not the one that they were talking about.

Well it really isn't the 'Empire State' Building, because that was named for the fact New York is the Empire State. ;)

It is a beautiful structure -- both in general appearance and close up details! I am really appreciating KC's abundance of art deco more and more. I really like the last picture -- seeing the city in springtime sprawling to the south.