80% of Nissan's top executives to relocate to Nashville

smeagolsfree

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah this shows two things IMO, Nissan is a good company to work for so people want to continue their employment with them and that Middle TN/Nashville is more than attractive enough for these folks to say hey its a good job and this looks like a reasonable enough move. These folks probably if they wanted are high enough up to find comparable work in California if they did not want to move, but they are coming to Tennessee, which is great. It will be interesting to see how the other 1200 break down in their decisions to come.

This is a very high retention rate, and the most important ones to retain are the high executives. This will ensure a minimum disruption to operation once they start the move. I suspect the overall number moving is going to considerably higher than previously forecast, and this shows both a huge amount of company loyalty, and the attractiveness of Tennessee. I suspect that most of those people would have balked at such a move had it benn proposed about 25 years ago. The south is looked at as a much better place to live today than in the past.

• 2 months later...

An article from the Tennessean says that only just over 40% of Nissan's employees are going to relocate to Nashville. What do you think their reasoning is not to move?

It stands to reason that the executive ranks would have a higher percentage to relocate compared to the overall staff. They have more to give up if they don't.

I really don't know what a company would target for total relocated employees, but I'd think 40% overall is not too bad for such a large number and 2000 miles away.

^ I agree. I would think the lower the paying job, the less likely you'll get someone to move. Why would they consider moving for a 30-40k a year job, when they can go out and find a new one in the area that pays the same, with no moving required?

Archived