Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott

Cityscapes and Scenic Vistas of NE

15 posts in this topic

We were talking about this in another thread.Where are the best views in New England.

I need some ideas for some new skyline pics to take in the better weather of all the larger cities and interesting places.

Know any good ones?

Okay here is an okay picture of Hutchinsons Field in Milton.

It has an interesting view of dt Boston but the trees obstruct the Back Bays skyline.

It overlooks the salt marsh on the mouth of the Neponset River.

Granite Ave with Marina Bay and Houghs Neck beyond jutting out into Boston Harbor are beyond.

In colonial times wooden ships came this far up the river and you could see any ship arriving from this field or the widows walk of the house on that is on the other side of Adams Street.

hutchies2.jpg

Other points of interest are the Cedar Grove Cemetary with the Mattapan/ Ashmont trolley running thru.

UMASS Boston, Coritas "Boston Gas" tank and IM Pei's JFK Presidential Library peeking up over the trees.

As well as the towns of Hull and Winthrop in the distance enclosing Boston Harbor.

This is a rather well photographed view of Providence from the East Side.

2003-0519%20001.jpg

It's quite stunning in person.

Nice pics, guys. It's too bad the trees obstruct the view of the entire Boston skyline though.

Portland, Maine looks spectacular from across the harbour in South Portland. I used to sit under the Million Dollar Bridge on the S. Portland side and look at the city when I lived there.

Portland, Maine looks spectacular from across the harbour in South Portland. I used to sit under the Million Dollar Bridge on the S. Portland side and look at the city when I lived there.

Does Portland have a skyline. I havent been there in so long. I dont remember.

Anyway Manchester has a nice skyline from singer park, rock rimmon, wellington hill, and just about anywhere on the westside where you can see the skyline or any bridge in downtown Manchester.

I'm going to head up to Manchester, Portland and down to Providence this spring and check out some of those sites. Thanks guys!

I pinned this topic so hopefully some people will share more of their favourite vistas with us.

New Englanders and non-New Englanders alike, share your favourite views with us! Urban and Non-Urban vistas welcome! :)

The peak of Mount Manadnock (Pardon the spelling) in southwest New Hampshire (I believe it's it Keene... I'll check on that) offers a spectacular view of New England. It's is especially stunning in autumn. Plus, if you look hard enough, you can see all the way to Boston!

Plus, if you look hard enough, you can see all the way to Boston!

Really?!

Yeah. There's a certain monument that you can make out. It's quite surprising, but a delight, all-in-all.

One of the best urban views I know of is traveling southbound on I-91 just north of downtown Hartford. The freeway swings to the east and then south and over to you right is this amazing skyline that, in the haze of summer, looks huge.

I wish I had a picture to share with y'aw, maybe later this summer after I'm home...

I've never entered Hartford from the north, only from the east and west on 84 and the south on 91. There's some nice views of the city from all of those directions, but I'm not familiar enough with the lay of the land there to pinpoint where.