Ruth Chris Eatery and Renaissance Hotel @ North Hills

Tayfromcarolina

Here I come with more breaking news. In next weeks Triangle Business Journal Ruth Chris Restaurant plans to expand again it the triangle. It would be with the Renaissance hotel that Concord hospitality Enterprises plans to open in 2007. If it opens in the site it will join 18 other eateries already at the complex. :D

And from this article all questions about whether or not Renaissance is still a go seem to be gone. The 240 room 4-star hotel look to be a nice addition to North Hills when it opens in next year.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here I come with more breaking news. In next weeks Triangle Business Journal Ruth Chris Restaurant plans to expand again it the triangle. It would be with the Renaissance hotel that Concord hospitality Enterprises plans to open in 2007. If it opens in the site it will join 18 other eateries already at the complex. :D

And from this article all questions about whether or not Renaissance is still a go seem to be gone. The 240 room 4-star hotel look to be a nice addition to North Hills when it opens in next year.

Where will the Renaissance be located at North Hills? What are the plans for the hole adjacent to 440 next to the Gold's Gym? That is quite an eyesore and I hope they begin to finish it out soon!

I think this is good and bad but mostly good. First the hotel, this is needed and will be a great location for business travelers. I like Ruth Chis and it is a great place to eat a business dinner. (especially when someone else is paying). There are a lot of business travelers in Raleigh who are looking for a nice meal to close the deal. I just hope the RTPers will go to North Hills. It was worth the trip to go to South Hills where RC used to located, but not sure how the extra mileage, unless people are staying at NH hotel. I have read where people are worried that the Weston/Soliel Center will take from downtown. They should be more worried about this hotel. Fill up the hole get more patrons at North Hills. Plus, at a business meeting, people can really drink hard since it is a short walk back to the hotel

Why do I say this is bad? Well not really, but I already think there are enough restaurants in North Hills. It is almost a glorified "Food Court." In fact, that is what is mostly consist of......restaurants. Plus, a local steak house just moved in which is named JK's or something like that and I figure the two compete for the same clientele. I could be wrong.

Maybe with more residential going in, all these restaurants will be supported in North Hills.

No matter what, Ruth Chris will do good there and it will drive more business people to stay there. Plus, it is another nail in the coffin to Gary Bettman

Great News, now NHs needs other draws (as Subway alludes to). Lots of places to eat, but lets get a Gap, Eddie Bauer, Pottery Barn, Hallmark, or anything else that 'regular' malls have. Anything locally owned would be great too.

But Ruths Chris is a great addition too.

Thanks for the news Tayfromcarolina! The Renaissance absolutely is a GO. There shouldn't have been any doubt along the way. The Renaissance will visually complete the drive in from the main entrance at Six Forks.

This news of Ruth's Chris is highly suspect, though. Why would North Hills want to bring in Ruth's Chris when they already have JK's? This would be a totally redundant move and would only cater to those out of towners who want the name "Ruth's Chris". At last count, NH already has FOUR places serving a >$20 steak! Does NH need another? Or are they trying to push JK's out, because the two will not coexist in the long run. It would be an enormous waste of an opportunity to bring RC in.

North Hills certainly needs more retail, but I would like to see stores other than typical mall stores. Crabtree is like a 5 minute drive away and TTC is like 10-12 minute drive away. If they want to provide a unique shopping experience, then they need to get stores that arent the typical Gap, Express, A&F, and all that other crap.

Precisely, That's why I think phase II of the North Hills Project is going to blow people away. Imagine a few years from now having the other side of six forks filled up with more stores, several first timers to the triangle such as Ikea, Tiffany & Co., Gucci (of stores of near calibre) Along with more residential and offices. With all of that having JK's and Ruth Chris will be an afterthought. Besides It will serve a large market, downtown, all of northern Wake County, Franklin, Johnston counties . We will let the RTP'ers have the one at Weston. Why should anyone have to drive to Cary. Cary's alright, but it aint all that.

tayfromcarolina, do you really think that stores like Gucci and Tiffany &Co. would really come to North Hills? Wouldn't they try to come to more established retail places like Crabtree? It would be cool and unique though. i am really excitetd about phase II.

Just from looking at the site plan, I'm not too keen on the ingetration of the east and west halves of the project. Of course there's a 7-lane highway between them so the term "integrate" is used loosely :) Maybe they'll do something more to that effect that the site plan isn't letting on about.

I think that once the other phases of north hills are complete, there will be thousands of residents with in walking distance... a whole new market will be there, and new restaurants/retail can easily coexist. as for north hills... i like it a lot, i am there nearly every day cuz my gym is there.... i just wish it wasn't so beige. how hard would it be to put some other materials in?? I mean, cmon... also, that cheezy muzak piped in everywhere outside is a little much... I hope they don't do that on Fayetteville street, hahah

Just from looking at the site plan, I'm not too keen on the ingetration of the east and west halves of the project.
Well, that 7 lane rd is a BIG obstacle, and I think the ped bridge would ultimately work well to connect ths two sites.

i just wish it wasn't so beige. how hard would it be to put some other materials in?? I mean, cmon... also, that cheezy muzak piped in everywhere outside is a little much...

I agree. I love the whole smart-growth, land efficient, walkable concept for NH, but it's a little cheesy and synthetic for what I would have done with it, but it's still a great development IMO.

BTW, I grew up on the NE corner of the area shown in the site plan, and my folks still live there. They are looking into perhaps moving to "The Cardinal" Retirement community that will be built on the far east end of the project near the pond. The catch is presale prices start at $350 (for a 1000 sf unit = $350/sf!!!) and move up to $1M, and that's not including monthly service fees of $1-2k/month! :shok: I was blown away when I heard that. DT condos haven't even reached $350/sf, and this is the entry-level unit in "The Cardinal." I suppose that the level of convenience (walkability to a nearly complete self contained community) available to retirees (baby-boomers are coming up on retirement) may make the cost worth it.

BTW, I grew up on the NE corner of the area shown in the site plan, and my folks still live there. They are looking into perhaps moving to "The Cardinal" Retirement community that will be built on the far east end of the project near the pond. The catch is presale prices start at $350 (for a 1000 sf unit = $350/sf!!!) and move up to $1M, and that's not including monthly service fees of $1-2k/month! :shok: I was blown away when I heard that. DT condos haven't even reached $350/sf, and this is the entry-level unit in "The Cardinal." I suppose that the level of convenience (walkability to a nearly complete self contained community) available to retirees (baby-boomers are coming up on retirement) may make the cost worth it.

Apparently I'm in the wrong business. Retirement Homes management/construction must be where the money is.... who would have known

Archived