The Gulch

southsideJ

I noticed some activity today at the old Nashville Office Interiors Building on 11th Ave across from Laurel House Lofts. There is a dumpster out front and it looks like it is being prepared for demo. Has anybody heard anything about possible development? Let's hope that $100 million retail development is coming back sooner rather than later.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the second time I have read a post of yours slamming Sambuca for being 'racist' based on one experience. I have been there on three occasions and with the exception of one lunch visit there have been a large percentage of African-American patrons enjoying themselves. I hate that you had a bad experience but maybe that was the exception to the rule. Regardless, I will agree that their service is uneven and some additional training is in order but I am rooting for them to make it in the Gulch and become a destination spot for all of Nashville.

I hope you give them another chance.

FA, your situation does seem unique based on my experience enjoying and witnessing the enjoyment of others...across the board, regardless of color. I think you've made your point. We're all sorry you had a bad experience. Can we move on, now?

Soooo, stepping around the soapbox, I'm not sure which building you're talking about, southside, but I'll run by there on my way to Bongo in the morning. It will be interesting to watch this area evolve over the next couple of years. I would imagine we're in for some surprises.

I pray the dumpster is for the remains of Sambucas once it is demolished. The most horrific and prejudice restaurant in Nashville.

Rural King referred this to me which is why I am responding to this thread. You were suspended for making this post after he asked you to stop with the racial comments and I agree with the decision. I fully support your right to address this with the restaurant by whatever means that might make a difference, but you will not use UrbanPlanet to bash the place because you feel you were mistreated. That puts the UrbanPlanet.org in the middle of your issues with the restaurant management and that is not why we are here. I will remind you that you agreed to our rules before posting here and that includes not bashing places.

Its one thing to call a place the most horrific and preduiced place in Nashville, quite another to say, I was mistreated at the restaurant, and plan to take the following action.......

Likewise, if you hate living in the USA and Tennessee, that is your issue but the people here are really tired of hearing about it. I have found that what most people really "hate" is their inability to control how others think and that is something that you are going to have to accept in life. You can move to where you think the grass is greener, but I think you will find those places have dog poop in the grass too. In anycase, please don't vent these issues here at UrbanPlanet any further.

I have to spend too much time on this kind of crap these days, please help make my job easier

I think I figured out what this is--I just got an email from Bristol that the Icon Sales Center will be opening in Spring of 2006 and it looks like (from the map) it will be at the location where the old Nashville Office Interiors building is--that is 11th Ave at Laurel St.

I guess that explains the activity at this site--now I'm wondering if they are completely demolishing this building to build a sales center or they will just make the current building over. I would guess the latter, but who knows.

I think I figured out what this is--I just got an email from Bristol that the Icon Sales Center will be opening in Spring of 2006 and it looks like (from the map) it will be at the location where the old Nashville Office Interiors building is--that is 11th Ave at Laurel St.

I guess that explains the activity at this site--now I'm wondering if they are completely demolishing this building to build a sales center or they will just make the current building over. I would guess the latter, but who knows.

Very positive news indeed! I can't wait to see a crane rising above that site!

Archived