Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MadVlad

Linden, Elm, and Hudson Streets

... and it really bugs the crap outta me to see it do nothing. Right near the rotary, perfectly located for some great residential. They could probably get a real nice 10 story building in there and sell the place out immediately. Pretty much close to everything, and it would make the feel of the area a bit more secure (one less lot, and would really make the block). What do you guys think?

I'm not sure we are thinking the same spot, Taylor. You might be thinking of the building they knocked down on the corner of Buckingham and Washington.

I think you're right. I was thinking of a different location, but now that I know what location you're talking about I can say that I agree with you on the location. It's just an empty parking lot that would certainly benefit from having a building out there.

Who owns that lot? I for one would love to live there, right near downtown and busnell park, and close to some great restaurants like Peppercorn's. Maybe we could get a consortium together and buy/develop it. It's times like these I wish I was in real estate development and not real estate M&A. I'm making the move soon though...

That lot (on Pulaski Circle) was the site for a proposed 29 story residential tower. I think it was called "The Linden". It would have been 330 feet tall.

I would love to see a large residential building there. I would like to see Pulaski Circle spruced up as well.

I think residential is definitely the way to go there. 29 floors would be great, might be a bit too big for that lot, but I'd take it. Parking under the building would be perfect too....

The leasing office for the Linden still stands at the corner of Elm and West St. Its been empty since the project was abandoned.

The city should really make an effort to make that area more pedestrian friendly. I used to walk to clients in the southern part of downtown from my office on Pearl St. Has anyone ever tried to walk the area around Pulaski Circle? You take your life in your hands...

Seriously, it's not pedestrian friendly at all. That could be a beautiful circle if the city gave it some attention.

They could make Gold Street and Elm Street intersections where people have the definitive right-of-way. That IS a really nasty area to walk...