The Dude who hangs out around Midtown

bfermanich

You know who I'm talking about.

He hangs out around 10th and Piedmont. Sometimes you see him up by the Fox Theatre.

He's the black guy who wears the wedding dress. The dude who likes to sing and dance and basically get as much attention as possible.

Who is this guy?!

Anyone know him personally??

What is his story????

Keep em' comin'

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know his full name, but we call him Batton Bob. I have met him and he is every bit as crazy (fun crazy, not chop you up and eat your brain crazy) as you would think he is. I've heard that he was a flight attendant living in St Louis and moved to Atlanta for a more tolerant environment, and now owns a flower shop.

Atlanta is full of characters. I've heard of Batton Bob. I've seen him once or twice in my treks through the area.

Anybody ever heard of the Kennesaw Redneck (bfermanich might have since he lives in Marietta).

We need to make this guy the official ambassador of Atlanta

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Atlanta is full of characters. I've heard of Batton Bob. I've seen him once or twice in my treks through the area.

Anybody ever heard of the Kennesaw Redneck (bfermanich might have since he lives in Marietta).

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Being a midtown resident, I see Baton Bob all the time. Has anyone seen the "Big Sock in the Pants" man? I used to see him often during the late 80's early 90's.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've seen this man you are talking about.

His unofficial name is Wild Man and I believe he owns a rather questionable shop in downtown Kennesaw that sells, among other things, KKK parapenellia and Confederate items. Unfortunately he's contributing to the outsider view of Kennesaw being a backwoods redneck haven. I've seen this guy walking on Due West Road a few times (Lord knows why -- its in the middle of nowhere) You can't miss him because of his long scraggly white beard and pudgy middlesection, kinda like Santa Claus. Haven't met him personally but would guess he's crazy as a loon.

Unfortunately he's contributing to the outsider view of Kennesaw being a backwoods redneck haven.

Yeah, it's like Baton Bob giving people the idea that Midtown is some sort of gay haven.

:lol: (j/k bfermanich, I don't want to start no culture wars again).

Atlanta has always had its share of unique characters. I'm actually kind of proud of them!

That's him alright. I've seen him twice, both times when I was at Piedmont Park. I was playing frisbee and he just kind of walks along the path whistling and twirling his little baton...

He walks by my office almost daily. (8th and W. Peachtree.) I must admit, I am jealous of those legs! Check them out sometime. I guess with all that walking/ struting... :P

LOL. I didn't know that guy was some sort of local "celebrity" I've only seen him once back in Nov/Dec and he was on Peachtree near Metropolis spinning a baton around and blowing a whistle. I thought he was attracting people to a store or something. I didn't know the city had much of a wacky side. Are there any other persons of interest roaming around Wacklanta?

LOL. I didn't know that guy was some sort of local "celebrity" I've only seen him once back in Nov/Dec and he was on Peachtree near Metropolis spinning a baton around and blowing a whistle. I thought he was attracting people to a store or something. I didn't know the city had much of a wacky side. Are there any other persons of interest roaming around Wacklanta?

I heard that the city used to have some great winos back in the 1970's. I'd wager there are still some interesting ones around today if you know where to look.

^Yeah, Aphro - He's commonly called "bicycle pants man", and I saw him at the corner of Ponce and Highland sometime last summer.

Baton Bob relocated here because he was constantly hassled by the St. Louis police.

Is Bicycle Pants man the guy with the tie-dye shirts and freaky, often weirdly-colored- "electric socket" hair? The guy who rides the bicycle talking to himself? If so, I've seen that guy on Tenth Street several times.

I've seen this guy walking on Due West Road a few times (Lord knows why -- its in the middle of nowhere)

Due West Road is filled with upper middle class homes. How could you call it "out in the middle of nowhere". I would have agreed with you if you were saying this fifteen years ago.

Is Bicycle Pants man the guy with the tie-dye shirts and freaky, often weirdly-colored- "electric socket" hair? The guy who rides the bicycle talking to himself? If so, I've seen that guy on Tenth Street several times.

No - Not unless he's had an extreme makeover! Bicycle pants is a lanky, fit looking sort of guy with what appears to be a honeydew mellon shoved down his tight lycra pants. <_<

Due West Road is filled with upper middle class homes. How could you call it "out in the middle of nowhere". I would have agreed with you if you were saying this fifteen years ago.

Yeah well actually I saw him on that road about 10 years ago. You'd be correct. But its still middle of nowhere for all the urban elitists of the earth (i don't claim to be one). I was trying to get on their level, you see.

No - Not unless he's had an extreme makeover! Bicycle pants is a lanky, fit looking sort of guy with what appears to be a honeydew mellon shoved down his tight lycra pants. <_<

Okay so is that the guy who is at the corner of Ponce and Briacliff. I remember one time I got caught at that light and there was this guy standing at the corner. I don't know what made my eyes go there...perhaps because "IT" does not end where I would think the average one would. I was so embarrassed. I turned red and hoped that noone noticed me looking at him. I prayed for the light to turn green.

I feel sorry for him because surely no everyday woman would deal with that. I wonder what type of satisfaction he gets out of standing there in those lycra pants. :unsure:

Archived