What's Your Vision for Richmond?

wrldcoupe4

I think you must be like I was in my youth, eager to enhance the city you love.

I assume you are young! Of course, you might be an older and wiser man than any of the rest of us! :rofl:

Somewhere in the middle you might say, the heart of a young one, but the spirit of an older one :rofl:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somewhere in the middle you might say, the heart of a young one, but the spirit of an older one :rofl:

Well, wherever you are in the train of life, you sure do contribute intelligently here. Glad to know you, Lad. And since I have seniority, I can say that! :rofl:

around 32 floors. But it could be taller :w00t: If you look closely, it has ridges in the sides, so it would easily be compatible with the foundation of the supposed to be second Monroe Tower. Allowing it to fit perfectly into the layed out design at its base. It wouldnt be considered a twin of the Monroe building, but part of the Monroe Complex.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, scrap that old building, check out these condo designs Ive come upon.

115571148_72dfc81120.jpg

Those cornices sticking out are balconies and the ones that have full cornices are parts of the building that stick out from the front facade. I could post the side view that shows a lot more.

Aren't cornices, gargoyles, etc. banned these days because of fears they will crash to the streets? Don't get me wrong - I love them - but zoning and construction restrictions may be more stringent than in the old F&M days.

Big masonry ones probably. But new buildings can have them, paricularly metal ones. And look at City Hall... that big unibrow is a cornice to me. We've come a long way from 1912, we can probably do amazing cornices if they were rallied for properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived