Atlanta exports "big city" restaurants to the southeast

Martinman

Eating up Atlanta's influence - AJC

This article talks about how far the Atlanta dining scene has come in the last 20 years; from a city where a chain restaurant opening brought excitement to one considered by Esquire Magazine as a top 10 food city.

It basically tells about all of the restauraunt operators expanding their empires throughout the southeast which include...

The Grape already in Nashville, Birmingham, Charlotte and Fla cities

Concentric (Two Urban Licks, Lobby) Orlando....looking at Charlotte, Birmingham, Nashville, Jacksonville and Raleigh-Durham

Buckhead Life Group opens its Chop/Lobster Bar in Boca Raton this year with Orlando, Tampa, Nashville and Miami next

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read the entire article and I found it very intriguing. There are so many things we as Atlantans take for granted. I have known for years though that the Atlanta dining scene was excellent. There are alot of options that are not chain based. We try to take our eldest daughter to a different one every two weeks or so to expose her to something different. At 13 she has quite the palate for great food.

Anyways, I always knew we had quite a lot of choices for restaurants, but I'd never expect us to be in the Top 10 in the nation (I suppose the "Could all this be happening to lil' ol' me?" persona is at work there).

Well, Atlanta's not so little anymore. It's rushing world city status at warp speed. Right here in the heart of the deep south. Who woulda thunkit?

This is all great but until Atlanta has its own culture, it means nothing for me. I would like to see these groups create & promote an Atlanta style of cuisine. I've eaten at most of them and I can order all the same things in San Fran or NY.

This is all great but until Atlanta has its own culture, it means nothing for me. I would like to see these groups create & promote an Atlanta style of cuisine. I've eaten at most of them and I can order all the same things in San Fran or NY.

Maybe your food could be running over the edges of your plate to typify Atlanta's sprawl???

I'm just trying to throw something out there. :silly:

Maybe your food could be running over the edges of your plate to typify Atlanta's sprawl???

I'm just trying to throw something out there. :silly:

lOl, I do eat out too much and take my restaurants very seriously.

Archived