Adams Street Lofts

thetoolman

Saw an ad for a new (to me) development today in the Democrat Real Estate section called "Adams Street Lofts" that offers 1 bedroom, 1 flexroom, 1 bathroom units that have:

• 14' ceilings

• exposed ductwork

• stainless appliances

• granite countertops

• polished concrete floors

• balconies

• 2 garage parking spaces per unit

The ad says it is located on Adams at Carolina St. It is being developed by Michael Mastry who is also doing Cloisters

michaelmastry_08.jpg

If this has already been discussed, I apologize...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw an ad for a new (to me) development today in the Democrat Real Estate section called "Adams Street Lofts" that offers 1 bedroom, 1 flexroom, 1 bathroom units that have:
  • 14' ceilings

• exposed ductwork

• stainless appliances

• granite countertops

• balconies

The ad says it is located on Adams at Carolina St. It is being developed by Michael Mastry who is also doing Cloisters

michaelmastry_08.jpg

APOLOGIZE!!!!!

Are you kidding me!? This is the juiciest thing since last year. This is the first time I've ever heard of this one. Surely everyone must be exctied! If these type of projects keep popping up, Tallahassee's downtown will be revitalized in no time. Surely this Michael Mastry is an awesome guy with good taste. I hope to meet him one day and tell him how much I appreciate what he's doing for our city. Let me go find the news paper!

Thanks Toolman!! :yahoo:

This isn't far from the Governor's Mansion! This is going to be a very nice location, especially for one looking to live downtown at an affordable price. A dog or cat would love this type of setting... I can picture myself walking the dog around this part of the downtown if I lived here. Its nice and shady with just enough sunshining thru the leaves.

That was the question I was going to ask TJ but you just answered it.....was this a retro-fit of the existing bldg. there and you say it is. Very good use of this property. I've never heard of this Michael Mastry but of course that doesn't mean a thing. I didn't realize that he was also doing The Cloisters in All Saints. For some reason I thought that was Benchmark/Rosen. I did look up on the property appraiser's web site and it does not show MM owning this property, but of course their website is always about a month behind on property sales.

Good find thetoolman! This one was literally right under my nose and I knew NOTHING.

You aren't alone Poonther, I knew this property had been up for sale for quite a while. I didn't know it had sold.

Michael Mastery is just a Real Estate agent representing the two projects. Benchmark is the developer of the Cloisters just as it appears this JDL development is responsible for this one.

• 14' ceilings

• exposed ductwork

• stainless appliances

• granite countertops

• balconies

michaelmastry_08.jpg

Actually Corri Byrne & Peter Rosen are developing "the Cloister" in Allsaints. Michael Mastery is just a sales agent.

APOLOGIZE!!!!!

Are you kidding me!? This is the juiciest thing since last year. This is the first time I've ever heard of this one. Surely everyone must be exctied! If these type of projects keep popping up, Tallahassee's downtown will be revitalized in no time. Surely this Michael Mastry is an awesome guy with good taste. I hope to meet him one day and tell him how much I appreciate what he's doing for our city. Let me go find the news paper!

Thanks Toolman!! :yahoo:

Micheal Mastry is a real estate agent- he has a nice website- the real talent behind these properties are the owners and developers. Micheal Mastry is not a developer or owner- just the person who has a listing to sell them. ALL decisions with regards to design, style, architecture, financing etc...are the sole responsability of the owner/developers. Not the real estate agent.

Peter Rosen and Corri Byrne are the developers and owners of ALL the new construction being done in the All Saints Neighborhood. "the Cloisters", 423 All Saints, 820 Saint Micheal, 812 Saint Micheal, 810 Saint Micheal Street, "the Cloisters-phaze 2" , 310-320 Blount Street, and "Midtown Metropolis" on N.Adams

That was the question I was going to ask TJ but you just answered it.....was this a retro-fit of the existing bldg. there and you say it is. Very good use of this property. I've never heard of this Michael Mastry but of course that doesn't mean a thing. I didn't realize that he was also doing The Cloisters in All Saints. For some reason I thought that was Benchmark/Rosen. I did look up on the property appraiser's web site and it does not show MM owning this property, but of course their website is always about a month behind on property sales.

Good find thetoolman! This one was literally right under my nose and I knew NOTHING.

Micheal Mastry is a real estate agent- he has a nice website- the real talent behind these properties are the owners and developers. Micheal Mastry is not a developer or owner- just the person who has a listing to sell them. ALL decisions with regards to design, style, architecture, financing etc...are the sole responsability of the owner/developers. Not the real estate agent.

Peter Rosen and Corri Byrne are the developers and owners of ALL the new construction being done in the All Saints Neighborhood. "the Cloisters", 423 All Saints, 820 Saint Micheal, 812 Saint Micheal, 810 Saint Micheal Street, "the Cloisters-phaze 2" , 310-320 Blount Street, and "Midtown Metropolis" on N.Adams

Leonard Pepper is the owner/developer of Adams Street Lofts. Micheal Mastry is a consumate self promoter. A very worthy traite in real estate.

• 14' ceilings

• exposed ductwork

• stainless appliances

• granite countertops

• balconies

michaelmastry_08.jpg

Leonard Pepper is the owner/developer of Adams Street Lofts. Micheal Mastry is a consumate self promoter. A very worthy traite in real estate.

Great in-depth info there cobyguy. I thought Benchmark was responsible for most of the stuff going on in All Saints. Interesting to know they aren't involved in this project. It does sound like something they'd do. Where is exactly is their Midtown Metropolis project going on North Adams? Any details on this project?

What else has this Leonard Pepper developed around town?

The one thing that bugs me about this Loft plan is that tacky red hot tumor on the lower sides of the building. What exactly is that? Signage? Hopefully that will not be on finished project. It looks very out of place and like a said, a small tumor. Signage can always make or break a development.

Great in-depth info there cobyguy. I thought Benchmark was responsible for most of the stuff going on in All Saints. Interesting to know they aren't involved in this project. It does sound like something they'd do. Where is exactly is their Midtown Metropolis project going on North Adams? Any details on this project?

The one thing that bugs me about this Loft plan is that tacky red hot tumor on the lower sides of the building. What exactly is that? Signage? Hopefully that will not be on finished project. It looks very out of place and like a said, a small tumor. Signage can always make or break a development.

Is this Midtown Metropolis project near Lake Ella? I remember thinking to myself a while ago, that the project didn't match the name. I'd like more details on it.

This is a computer generated impression of how it might possibly look- yes thats signage..Mr. Pepper is well rooted in Tallahassee Real Estate Dev.... Mr. Rosen is heavily involved with this project too so expect good things to come....try to see the BIG picture and how it will improve the whole area....change is inevitable and will not meet everyones needs but it will meet most...

Midtown Metropolis- is located at the corner of 6th ave and N. Adams across from the Bamboo House Rest... we are in permitting- but have been waiting for the new CU subdistricting issues to get resolved...It should be about 3 more months till we can get going....the style will be 3-story row houses (11 units) oriented towards the street-balconies-wide sidewalks, plantings, and all parking interior and hidden from the street. The architecture will be eclectic- a mix of modern, and traditional....you should like some of it....the concept is flawless....very pedestrian oriented and no emphasis on cars....except on the streets where cars belong....Like our other projects we believe that good design within the urban landscape mandates good community!! I would to show you guys more if you [email protected]

try to see the BIG picture and how it will improve the whole area....change is inevitable and will not meet everyones needs but it will meet most...

Dude you are preaching to the choir here on that one. This group loves QUALITY CHANGE in the metro area. As nice as this loft project is, it's still got some bad signage IMO. Looks like a blood red tumor and out of place on the rendering. Hopefully when it's built, it will look better or be changed.

Thanks for posting these pics TJ. Now I know where this building is. For some reason I was having trouble envisioning where this was but your pictures are worth a thousand words and saved me making a trip over there tomorrow for no other reason than to find it.

What was in this building before? Wasn't it some sort of telecommunications facility or have I got it confused with another place down there? :unsure:

Archived