Greenville Synonyms

goodbye

We all have heard or read many different positive comments and descriptions about Greenville, so I thought it would be kind of fun to make a list of words and small phrases that people use when positively speaking of the city. I'll need your help to expand the list and provide discussion. Yes, this is a Lovefest! :wub::D

Greenville is...

Green

Beautiful

Vibrant

Unique

Visionary

Busy

Progressive

Historic

Artistic

Photogenic

Preservationistic

Fun

Charming

Comfortable

Pleasant

Urban

Innovative

Powerful

Wealthy

Healthy

Wise

Attractive

Warm

Cool

Awesome

"The best place"

Lively

Strong

Wonderful

Picturesque

Competitive

Enterprising

Entreprenuerial

International

European

Bikeable

Breathtaking

Stunning

Surprising

Underrated

Award-winning

etc...

Your turn! :thumbsup:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, I usually see the "European" comparisons reserved for Charleston, but in a way, I can see how it can be applied to Greenville.

The one word that comes to my mind is "proud."

And I thought Charlotteans were in love with themselves...:D

Actually, that is one of the most common references used when describing Main Street. I've heard and read it in numerous television and magazine pieces. :D

You better believe we're proud citizens of Greenville! :D But of course, people remark all the time how warm and friendly Greenvillians are, so the pride is shown in the way we continue to improve the city. :thumbsup:

Archived