Vancouver Skyline

dmccall

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good picture for a money shot as it shows sports, mountains, tourist tower, offices and water. The five main food groups of a thriving city.

For those that have never been, Vancouver is a wonderful and very pretty city. It does have a lot of residential with a lot of street shops and bars/restaurants. You will see (almost) hundreds of condo buildings. Many of them are nice and new but fairly non-descript. It also has beaches and Stanley Park (Lord Stanley of Cup fame). The suburbs are right on the city and built quite dense so not sure where people work but my guess is it is like NY where many people work in small offices, restaurants, shops, etc that are Retail/offices on first floor or office buildings which there are many. It is much like NYC.

They have a warehouse district that if we could get 25% of the traffic and different kinds of restaurants, it would make us a east coast destination. It also has the largest Asian Town (China Town) in North America

The one thing you do notice is the only mass transit they have are buses. The skytram is bacically useless except of a select few of commuters. When I was there, the buses were on strike so you walked or cabbed it.

Anyway, the city is much bigger than the picture, but I see why they have this as the money shot.

Now, this is another money shot for Vancouver that shows a little more.

http://www.eyeseavancouver.com/vancouver.htm

What does Vancouver have to do with Raleigh? Well how about Toronto? I stumbled on a bunch of links to condo projects in Toronto and wanted people to see the caliber of design and work that is happening there. Makes you want to blush when you compare to The Paramount or Glen on Peace...

www.rezencondos.com

20 stewart

Pure Spirit

455 Adelaide

500 Sherbourne

The prices are more but not way off the mark of prices here. Developers take note!!!

What does Vancouver have to do with Raleigh? Well how about Toronto? I stumbled on a bunch of links to condo projects in Toronto and wanted people to see the caliber of design and work that is happening there. Makes you want to blush when you compare to The Paramount or Glen on Peace...

www.rezencondos.com

20 stewart

Pure Spirit

455 Adelaide

500 Sherbourne

The prices are more but not way off the mark of prices here. Developers take note!!!

Thanks for sharing! I just wanted to make sure that someone didn't make a mistake and have a Canadian region in the wrong place. Interesting design's, most of these have a 1970's look to them. Of course it's hard to tell without the actual photo of a completed building, but very interesting none the less. Don't forget though how much, much, much, bigger Toronto is than Raleigh. Oh! well maybe one day! Thanks again for sharing. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the eyeseevancouver site, linked above, which I recommend you visit, if only to see the full view of this pic:

ourfair300_r2_c2.jpg

WOW. :shok:

This is a place I must go at some point in my life. Misty mountains, deep blue water dotted with pleasure-sailing vessels, nice greenery, well-defined peninsula, dense (but tasteful) urban core. That's freaking fabulous stuff.

Get yourself two or three signature office towers and you've got one of the best skylines in the world there, bar none.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just saw this "city shot" of Vancouver. It looks great, even though the buildings really aren't that tall. What is it that makes this shot so good?

gm_place.jpg

I dunno, but it is nice.

That being said, this isn't a very good representation of the city's skyline height. You're looking a little east of where the downtown towers begin.

I think Vancouver has the best skyline in Canada.

No, that award goes to Toronto by far. But Vancouver is definitely the most beautiful city in canada (if not North America). The skyline is so so, the mountain to lake scenery is gorgeous.

No, that award goes to Toronto by far. But Vancouver is definitely the most beautiful city in canada (if not North America). The skyline is so so, the mountain to lake scenery is gorgeous.

yuk vancover skyline is ugly and so is toronto............

Archived