Greenville's Skyline

GvilleSC

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice idea for a thread, GvilleSC!

You can definitely see two distinct clusters of buildings from that Eastlan Baptist Church view. It really looks like the area around the Landmark/Daniel and Liberty Square buildings could be considered "Uptown" and the are around Poinsett Plaza, the Westin Poinsett, and Wachovia could be considered "Midtown" if you were just going on appearances. That's an interesting view. :)

From Wade Hampton Boulevard, near BJU (thanks to gsupstate for this one! :D ):

DTGville.jpg

GREAT! I love the skyline from Wade Hampton, because it brings in the entire skyline into a more condensed version. I've tried to take pictures before, but the dang power line get in the way.

If I (or someone else) could just rent a boom truck to get a few stories higher, that would become the best shot of all. :shades:

Maybe the fire department would lend a ladder truck? :P You're right, a little bit higher and what an awesome view! These are great views you found GvilleSC! :thumbsup:

Maybe Duke Power wouldn't mind taking you up with a camera while they're working on all those power lines after the February 13th ice storm. :rofl: They should bury the darned things...

You're right though, that would be an awesome view. This is my very favorite view of the Greenville skyline, too. Although it's somewhat out of the way for me to approach Henry's Smokehouse from that direction, I always do anyway just to take in that view.

Archived