Infill! How we're growing...

GvilleSC

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know about Carriage West's numbers, and the Park Place on Main's numbers?

UPDATED:

Built or Under Construction by Downtown districts:

THE NORTH END

Edge on North Main--------------50

The Elements---------------------19

[i'm not sure what these are, so I'm not sure if they're built or U/C, or which section they belong to]

West Park and Townes-----------6

North Park------------------------15

Richland Creek-------------------75

The Vinyards---------------------14

The Village at Townes-----------36

Craftsman Court Houses--------5

THE CITY CENTER

The Bookends (phase 1)---------28

Poinsett Corners------------------82

Wachovia Place-------------------22

Peacock Hotel/Spa/Condos-------8 (?)

Parkplace on Main---------------???

McBee Station Apartments------192

McBee Station Condos-----------22

THE WEST END

155 Riverplace--------------------36

Terrace at Riverplace------------27

The Riverhouse-------------------10

Field House------------------------40

Brick Street Lofts------------------9

Carriage West--------------------???

West End Cottages---------------14 (?)

Rhett Street Brownstones--------9

Pendleton West

-Single Family homes------------18

-Townhomes----------------------46

OTHER

Ridgeland at the Park------------41

The Hamptons---------------------8

Mulberry At Pinckney

-Single family homes------------16

-townhomes----------------------18

Total from this incomplete list (using number given above, missing a few): 866.

Proposed:

THECITY CENTER

133 South Main (9 stories)--------7

Gateway Condos------------------???

THE WEST END

Rhett Street Tower (8 Stories)--- ???

Pendleton West Condos-----------15 (?)

OTHER

Hampton @ Lloyd homes---------5

Don't know what project this is, but the entire length of Joe Lewis St has been lined with new homes, I think at least some of them are Habitat homes. This whole area is actually seeing some revitalization, and the homes are nice looking. Also, waht about all the work going on where the old Jessi Jackson townhomes were, there are tons of apts and homes going up there, and I think this is within the city limits.

Don't know what project this is, but the entire length of Joe Lewis St has been lined with new homes, I think at least some of them are Habitat homes. This whole area is actually seeing some revitalization, and the homes are nice looking. Also, waht about all the work going on where the old Jessi Jackson townhomes were, there are tons of apts and homes going up there, and I think this is within the city limits.

I'm not sure whree Joe Lewis Street is...

As for Jessie Jackson, I wasn't sure if I should mention it or not, because I didn't know if it would be adding more residents than what actually lived there before... does anyone know how the numbers will compare?

Also, News 4 reported tonight that the City has declared the Viola Street revitalization a success and a completed project. While it's been a success, I think it's a failure! It looks better than the 'before' pictures they showed because the houses are actually inhabitable, but it looks like a development from Woodruff Rd with cul-de-sacs and nonsense. For an old downtown neighborhood is this really what we need? Granted it was started years and years ago, but why would you ever build stuff of that nature in such a location? Ok, Rant over.

• 2 weeks later...

Biltmore at Pearl Apartments are going to the City for zoning approval on their land near Church Street. I assume this goes along with the Church Street corridor Master Plan. They're suppose to be affordable housing, and are working with the Greenville Housing Authority to fill them with people on the waiting list.

All in all, it will add 58 units to the City of Greenville. :)

edit, Link to the PDF on the City's agenda: Biltmore at Pearl

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like an old building near downtown may be getting some new life according to the Greenville News:

One of the first such projects in Greenville could soon take shape on Green Avenue, where a narrow, fenced-off former cotton warehouse is just over two long blocks from Fluor Field.

The accumulations of leaves and weeds appear several years deep. Under the eaves, however, are wooden soffits with a decorative flourish. A leg off the main building features spectacular north-facing slopes of glass.

It will cost $12.8 million to remake the structure into 60 rental apartments with a filtered rain swimming pool and energy-saving fixtures, among other elements, but a state tax credit for the reuse of textile plants will offset that cost by 25 percent.

It was the difference in the project, said Jerry Gilley, president of TRV Development Inc. Add state and federal tax credits for historic buildings, and Gilley expects 45 percent of his costs to be offset.

The Parker at Cone:

012-31.jpg

013-34.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice indeed! Good to see a significant project going up in this area.

Agreed!

Wow! I'm so glad they chose to orientate this development in this way. This is going to make a HUGE impact! It'll be great to have these units and their residents added to the City!

This will be a nice infill project to the area. Then there is the Parker @ Cone Aprtment project going on opposite the Parker Fire Station on Cedar Lane Road and then the Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery which is opposite that at the bridge on Cedar Lane Road. Good to see things happening over this side of town.

The Gateway Gardens project is contingent on receiving some tax credits that are competitively based. 73 projects statewide have applied, including 20 in the upstate. There are two approval required, one in mid-May and a second one in August.

The units, which are 2 and 3 BR, will be available to income levels < 60% of the area median.

• 4 years later...

Archived