Jacksonville 5 year price appreciation poll

hughes_22

Downtown area appreciation  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which areas will see the most price appreciation over the next 5 years?

• Riverside
    • San Marco
    • Springfield
    • Avondale
    • Murray Hill

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Springfield, only because their prices are relatively low to start with. Riverside and San Marco are already way to high. But Springfield seems like it has plenty of room for prices to skyrocket.

I predict that once Springfield becomes too expensive, the new 'artist spot' will be Murray Hill.

Well, my mom is in the real estate market...she thinks Ortega will appreciate the most, which it is currently doing so really quickly. Riverside and Avondale cannot appreciate much more. Land values there are locked in (houses are already restored, not too much waterfront, too many historic restrictions/guidelines). Springfield will see a huge appreciation in the next five years. San Marco is like Ortega, but really has less waterfront and less room for improvement/new construction.

Right now, percentage appreciation wise (not in numbers bc all the other neighborhoods are light years more expensive), Murray Hill is where it's at. People are coming in from everywhere. Houses are being restored, crime is WAY down, and the edgewood shopping area has received a facelift, spurring new restaraunts to come in (moon river pizza is really good). Watch this area closely.

I say Springfield.

I remember doing work on a house on Silver street that the owner paid $40,000 5 years ago. This place is a 3 story victorian on a corner lot. The owners had already invested $10K in improvements with intentions to invest another $10K. They would easily get over $400K for it now.

I voted Murray Hill. Springfield has done quite a bit of appreciation and will soon level off, Riverside and Avondale are finally worth their prices (homes were a little inflated there for a while but the market in the rest of town has brought them into line), and San Marco will probably only appreciate with the rest of the market (and possibly a little more slowly as it was fairly expensive, too). Murray Hill is the only neighborhood I see in the poll that I think will appreciate at a rate greater than the rest of the real estate market in Jacksonville.

Archived