Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allan

Wal-Mart may add more superstores to Metro Detroit

9 posts in this topic

Wal-Mart may add more superstores to Metro Detroit

Smaller supercenter format may be better fit for urban areas

By Karen Dybis / The Detroit News

Coming to a town near you: A Wal-Mart supercenter.

The world

You can say that again. Of course I am biased. I've always hated Walmart for many reasons. They destroy communities, close down local stores, and treat their employees poorly. And their buildings are quite ugly if I may say so myself.

Well these new store are like models after the city it's in but if that's the case sumter's wal marts need to be rundown crack heads on the coner cars on blocks and grass grown over if they want to fit in but i agree there ulgy and it's just a HUGE box in the middle of no where

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Wal-Mart plans supercenter

Grocery combination outlet opening in 2005 in Commerce Township spells trouble for rivals

By R.J. King / The Detroit News

021204_b_walmart_commerce_m.jpg

COMMERCE TOWNSHIP

Walmarts are a disease of urban blight. When will these city governments start saying no to the Wall family who is hugely profiting at the expense of raping town, cities and countrysides.

Walmart takes advantage of tax incentives communities offer, and then right when the tax incentive ends, they move down the road to another community. So they continue blighting community after community, destroying family-owned businesses. And their buildings are very ugly if I may say so myself. I refuse to shop there. Not only do they destroy communities, but they treat their employees like crap.

Good news :angry: Wal-Mart plans to open new supercenter in Sumter making it the only city out side of columbia and greenville with more than two stores making the new grand total 3 Wal-Marts :(