Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DigitalSky

Mixed Use Development Planned

Ughhh! Just another development to ruin such a historic area. More traffic on Battleground also. Gosh won't they ever understand?

Greensboro - Come see our beautiful landscape --- runined by strip malls and tract homes.

There's a ridiculous amount of sprawl going up on New Garden Rd. right now. There's almost no open space in the city left anymore. But have no fear, we'll get a Target and some nice chain stores out of this. :rolleyes:

Yeah I can't wait for the Jefferson Village to be complete and open! The new HT on New Garden opened today... lots of free samples :)

yea, I remember that Harris Teeter use to be Winn Dixie Marketplace. I use to work there 7 years ago.

yea, I remember that Harris Teeter use to be Winn Dixie Marketplace. I use to work there 7 years ago.

Yup. I shopped there when it was a Winn Dixie a couple times.

Greensboro - Come see our beautiful landscape --- runined by strip malls and tract homes.

But isnt that sort of what comes with a certain amount of city growth and drawing new industry and business into a town? As a town grows larger with businesses and industry-it also has to grow larger for housing and other services in order to give those working a place to live.

There's a ridiculous amount of sprawl going up on New Garden Rd. right now.
Indeed, and while it is sad to see that part of Greensboro torn up-it was only a matter of time after JP started selling and trading off land it used to own there.