The Peninsula is Rising!

simms3

Well, the Peninsula is officially rising as they are building a new white crane as we speak, and it looks as if they are also going to build another crane in the back. The Strand is topped off, but its two cranes are still there. This is f*****g great news and I can't wait to see 37 floors come out of the ground to 407 ft.

:alc::yahoo::w00t::D

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is f*****g great news and I can't wait to see 37 floors come out of the ground to 407 ft.

:alc::yahoo::w00t::D

Where did you get the 407 ft. figure? I saw the elevation drawings and the deck above the elevator penthouse was higher than that. The number 436 sticks in my mind. But I remember figuring it out, looking at the elevations, to be a total height of (to the parapet of the penthouse) around 439 or 440 ft. I had a co-worker who was hired freelance to make interior renderings, and they provided him with electronic files of the building. I can't remember what format, but I don't think it was AutoCAD. Of course, the plans could have changed.

The Strand is up to either the 19th floor or the 20th floor of Riverplace Tower. The 19th floor of Riverplace Tower 281 ft, and the 20th floor is 294.5 ft. Incidently, the Riverplace Tower is 424'-7" tall from the slab of the Concourse level (ground level) to the top of the parapet. Once you add the penthouse (I'm scaling it from the elevation rendering, which may or may not be accurate) it will be around 209 ft or 324 ft. I understand the first floor elevation is probably different, si if you simply calculate the floor-to-floor height of 9.67 ft, 28 floors comes out to only 270.75 ft (assuming the parking is the same, and it probably isn't), which means the penhouse will top about around 298 ft.

Scaling from the rendering, based on the three heights of 281 ft, 294.5 ft, or 270.75 ft, the total height of the Peninsula will be around 414 ft, 450 ft, or 430 ft--respectively.

Scaling from the rendering, based on the three heights of 281 ft, 294.5 ft, or 270.75 ft, the total height of The Vu will be around 509 ft, 532 ft, or 489 ft--respectively.

Where did you get the 407 ft. figure? I saw the elevation drawings and the deck above the elevator penthouse was higher than that. The number 436 sticks in my mind. But I remember figuring it out, looking at the elevations, to be a total height of (to the parapet of the penthouse) around 439 or 440 ft. I had a co-worker who was hired freelance to make interior renderings, and they provided him with electronic files of the building. I can't remember what format, but I don't think it was AutoCAD. Of course, the plans could have changed.

The Strand is up to either the 19th floor or the 20th floor of Riverplace Tower. The 19th floor of Riverplace Tower 281 ft, and the 20th floor is 294.5 ft. Incidently, the Riverplace Tower is 424'-7" tall from the slab of the Concourse level (ground level) to the top of the parapet. Once you add the penthouse (I'm scaling it from the elevation rendering, which may or may not be accurate) it will be around 209 ft or 324 ft. I understand the first floor elevation is probably different, si if you simply calculate the floor-to-floor height of 9.67 ft, 28 floors comes out to only 270.75 ft (assuming the parking is the same, and it probably isn't), which means the penhouse will top about around 298 ft.

Scaling from the rendering, based on the three heights of 281 ft, 294.5 ft, or 270.75 ft, the total height of the Peninsula will be around 414 ft, 450 ft, or 430 ft--respectively.

Scaling from the rendering, based on the three heights of 281 ft, 294.5 ft, or 270.75 ft, the total height of The Vu will be around 509 ft, 532 ft, or 489 ft--respectively.

I just hope that the Vu will top out around close to 530' because that would put it along the same height level as the Modis building... if so, Jacksonville will finally have at least "4" signature towers over the Skyline assuming the St. John will be completed by the time the Vu is started pending they do not make any changes to the Vu and increase its floor count.

Who knows, they might even consider increasing the floor count of The Vu assuming the demand is great by the time construction starts on it.

I do know that assuming the Vu will top out close to 530', the "4" signature towers of Jacksonville by this time would be? Modis, BoA, The Vu, and St. John

The Bellsouth, Riverplace Tower, The Peninsula are what I would consider the second-tier signature towers of Jacksonville by this time - Assuming Kuhn's River Watch @ City Centre comes to fruition, this should also make it to the second-tier listing!

Hopefully, the propose "70" story tower will see light.

We still have yet to see what they were referring to when the article mentioned that we should hear of about 3 more towers announced in the coming months.

Let us all pray that Peyton's administration do not screw up Jacksonville's construction boom just like what they are trying to do with the Landing and all!

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't think it will even top off, remember that the Strand was at floor 2-3 this time last year, and has climbed 25-26 floors since in 21 months. The Peninsula would have to rise 37 floors over ten months to top off by the end of the year, and that is rate 1.7 times faster than the rate at which the Strand rose. The math leads me to believe that the Peninsula will not top off at least until just about 18 months, but I think it will go a little faster and be complete by 18-20 mo.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived