Peck Building/Other DT Apartments

egrguy

I have finally convinced my future fiance to take a try at living downtown.

One place that she likes is the Peck Building. Does anyone already live there? Is it nice? Quiet? Etc?

Also, I know about the Globe but is there any other apartments downtown? She won't commit with a condo downtown until we've rented.

Any suggestions? Ideas?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback and information.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they still renting the Peck building? I thought Rockford was selling those off as condos. I toured a one bedroom a while back and really liked it.

One bad thing about the Peck building is no parking so if you need a car expect around $115/space. Also look at Plaza Towers. They have a few more amenities that you may or may not need but it's something else to look at.

Are they still renting the Peck building? I thought Rockford was selling those off as condos. I toured a one bedroom a while back and really liked it.

One bad thing about the Peck building is no parking so if you need a car expect around $115/space. Also look at Plaza Towers. They have a few more amenities that you may or may not need but it's something else to look at.

I beleive Peck is going condo as well. You'd have to call. Boardwalk is going condo. Try American Seating's Off Broadway Apartments, American Seating's Clark Place Luxery Apartments, The Globe, or Plaza Towers. You could check Heritage Hill. Also, RentGR.com has some interesting looking places in the Cherry Hill area.

/not affilliated w/ any of these places, just spent some time looking myself. :D

I looked at the Peck Building back in Nov. and they were still trying to sell them off as condos. The guy I talked to did say that some of the buyers might be buying them to rent them out. There are only 12 units in the building. He also said that if I wanted to rent, there could be a possibility of a "rent to own" type of situation.

The Boardwalk is turning condo, but from what I hear they are still renting out units because it will be a few years before the renovation begins.

Globe, American Seating are the only other actual apartments that I know of right downtown. One of the American Seating buildings are "luxery" apartments (pricey) and the other is mainly for students. (3-4 bedroom units).

I am doing the same thing, checking out living downtown before I commit to buying something. Moved into the Boardwalk in December and am loving the urban life so far! :thumbsup:

I lived on the "Cheap Side" of American Seating when they first completed. I had a studio, which was plenty for just me. BUT, I wouldn't recommend living there unless you're in college, or recently out of. It's loud, people running around at all time on the weekend. Fire alarms being pulled at 4:30am gets old when you have to be up at 7 for work.

The luxury side is REALLY nice, and had some friends who lived there. Much quieter, but more expensive (i believe they're all over 1k/month). I had heard a rumor at one time that they'll all probably go condo once the tax credits wear off (much like boardwalk)

thanks for the suggestions, i had forgot that the peck was supposed to be converting into condos. i really liked the building.

thanks for the plaza towers, i forgot there were apartments in the building.

i am past the college/party/loudness phase

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I was a two year tenant at the Peck Building and I absolutely loved it, except for two things. #1 - the walls are paper thin and you hear EVERYTHING including the guy snoring in the next place over. #2 parking situation as mentioned before. There are meters right outside and I probably racked up $600 in parking tickets just because I didn't want to fork over the $115 for a "designated" parking space. They are all condos now and I tried to stay and rent one but none are available right now. There is one unit left...it is huge, but still a one bedroom, and going for about $225,000.

The condos were reasonably priced, included nice storage downstairs and have great character with all the brick and exposed ductwork. you have cool views either on monroe center or what will be the beautiful new civic theatre.

Theres my testimony.

Archived