Williamson County Airport

ATLBrain

Remember, we are not talking about an airport the size of Nashville or even John C. Tune. I think it would be a small airport to house some private planes. I think your jet service would still be out of Nashville.

For goodness sakes Shelbyville has their own airport, although not much of one.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The airport planned for Franklin will be nowhere near the size of Midway! Only one runway, a small terminal building, and a couple of hangars. Chicagoland has airports all over. According to the google map, Lake in the Hills, Gary, Cambell, Dupage, Palwaukee, Lansing, Clow, Griffith-Merrivlle, and New Lenox Howell are just a few examples.

You completely missed my point altogether.

I don't see the big deal is...its not like they are building an international airport or anything. Every other county has some sort of airport. Why can't Williamson County? If it makes flights out of BNA quickier cause of no small corporate flights then GEE let 'em have their airport!

• 2 years later...

Maybe I just missed it but is there actually a proposal for an airport or the sighing from a few weary travelers that they wished there was an airport in Williamson County?

There has been banter about an airport out there for years but I really think the land cost and residential make-up will prevent it. Nationwide Airports are being decommissioned as development moves out and around them and it appears it's too late for an airport to be carved out. Certainly there would be a market. Airports in Nashville are filling up. Smyrna is an alternative for Williamson County folks as is Maury County / Mt Pleasant.

It will be an advantage for some to locate in other counties with airports, but at this point Franklin hasn't suffered. Maybe out near 840.

Archived