UrbanPlanet.org's Minimum Age is now 16.

monsoon

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have enough experience with this now where we can figure out who needs to go.

I certainly hope so because I've seen some adults that behave like adolescents (myself included at times - my kids keep me young) and I've seen some adolescents that are mature beyond their years. That's going to be difficult to police, no matter how experienced you are. My thoughts: if someone should go, they should go regardless of their age.

As they have said before, I see it very difficult to check who fits the required age. Personally, I got here when I was 16, but I remember a couple of people, younger than me, that behaved almost as adults. What are you going to do about the ones that have already signed up, but are here sinnce long time ago?

:ph34r:

\My thoughts: if someone should go, they should go regardless of their age.

That has always been and always will be our policy, there's no age limit on stupidity. If you do something bannable, you will be banned.

The age limits are in place because of the fact that our youngest members in the past happen to be the ones that require the most moderation, we receive the most complaints on, and in the end, usually end up getting themselves banned. To save the staff the trouble, we limit the age of forumers.

Can you discern one's age from a DNA test? :silly:

I always get our minimum age project and our cloning project confused. Yah, we're gonna do that cut off your leg and count the rings thing. Sorry for the confusion. You should be receiving a bone saw in the mail soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why weill was banned. He seemed to be a very well behaved person, and added a whole lot to the Roanoke forum, which otherwise didn't get many posts. It just doesn't seem fair to him that he was banned because he was only 14. He was allowed to join when he did. And he never broke the rules. Could someone explain to me why this happened?

I don't understand why weill was banned. He seemed to be a very well behaved person, and added a whole lot to the Roanoke forum, which otherwise didn't get many posts. It just doesn't seem fair to him that he was banned because he was only 14. He was allowed to join when he did. And he never broke the rules. Could someone explain to me why this happened?

He was banned for breaking the rules here, not because he was 14. We don't discuss the details on the open forum. It's an affirmation that 80% of the problems caused by bad forumers come from the under 16 crowd.

I'm a little surprised to see that there's a "problem" with kids in the forums. I would have thought city planning / infrastructure / politics is mainly an adult thing.

Although, I suppose it only takes a few kids doing the "My city beats your city" to be disruptive...

He was banned for breaking the rules here, not because he was 14. We don't discuss the details on the open forum. It's an affirmation that 80% of the problems caused by bad forumers come from the under 16 crowd.

Okay, I'm sorry for the confusion. The rule's a good idea and should hopefully work. And if not, it's always worth a try.

Archived