Branson/Springfield

Did anyone see my post about the 2,000 acre housing development in southern Greene and northern Christian Counties on page 4 called Terrel Creek? What are your thought's? Does fayetteville have any new housing developments this big?

We have some new housing developments obviously but I can't say offhand how big they are. I'll have to look and see if I can find that info.

I was wondering what the Anchor tenants were at the Fayetteville Mall? Springfield's are Dillard's, J.C. Penny's, Sears, and Famous Barr (which will soon become Macy's). I'll try to stop going off topic now. :D

The anchors are Sears, JC Pennys, and two Dillards. Basically one for womens clothing and such and one for the mens and the other stuff.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see my post about the 2,000 acre housing development in southern Greene and northern Christian Counties on page 4 called Terrel Creek? What are your thought's? Does fayetteville have any new housing developments this big?

subheader3.jpg

Northwest Arkansas doesn't have anything that big going on anywhere that I know of... the biggest housing development would be Shadow Valley at around 1,000 acres, if it gets completed.

I was wondering what the Anchor tenants were at the Fayetteville Mall? Springfield's are Dillard's, J.C. Penny's, Sears, and Famous Barr (which will soon become Macy's). I'll try to stop going off topic now. :D

Let me be the first to tell you that Northwest Arkansas Mall, for lack of a better word, SUCKS!!! I've lived in about 12 different cities and they all had malls that blow away ours... and that's including Parkersburg Mall in Ohio!

Does Springfield have any other Department stores like Kohls and such?

Kohl's , Target (1 existing and 2 in the works), Best buy, Tj MAX, Bed Bath and Beyond, Marshall's,

Toy's R Us, Bass Pro Headquarter's, etc........

I wanted to post some great info for both our communities. One county from each of our MSA's was among the TOP 100 Fastest Growing Counties between 03'-04'.

Springfield/ Christian County: #66 03' pop- 61,564/ 04' pop- 64,273 %change 4.4

NWA/ Benton County: #69 03' pop- 172,263/ 04' pop- 179,756 %change 4.3

Here's the website: htmlwww.census.gov / pdfwww.census.gov

I wondering if the I-540 was completed from Joplin to Fayetteville? I am visiting my friend at UA next week and was just wondering.

subheader3.jpg

Here arre some projects going on at Missouri State University:

Jordan Valley Science and Innovation Center

Missouri State and the city of Springfield have been working togrther to turn an old 7 story Feed Mill into state of the art science and research labs, it is also expected to lure "high tech" companies from across the nation. The project is to be completed in Jan. 2007.

Before: After:

20050615-Boostingwagesbo_1.jpg20050201-Downtownscharac_3.jpg

Jordan5.jpg

Here is the website for more infor and renderings: www.missouristate.edu

University College Hall

This new facility to be located on the corner of National and Madison will greet students on their initial visit to campus. It will house the University College, which contains the Honors College, international studies, general education, and continuous orientation advisement. The new building will also provide space for the office of student services.

University%20College%20Hall2.jpg

College of Arts and Letters

In an attempt to geographically consolidate the College of Arts & Letters to one region on campus, this new building complex will house six departments within the college. The proposed building will provide an appropriate environment for the departments of art & design, communication, media, journalism & film, modern & classical languages, music and theatre & dance.

Coal.h8.jpg

community1.jpg

Here arre some projects going on at Missouri State University:

Jordan Valley Science and Innovation Center

Missouri State and the city of Springfield have been working togrther to turn an old 7 story Feed Mill into state of the art science and research labs, it is also expected to lure "high tech" companies from across the nation. The project is to be completed in Jan. 2007.

That's pretty cool that Springfield will be getting a Technology Center... the Research & Technology Park in Fayetteville has been getting military grants for research and development of nanotechnology, satellite tracking systems and recently the Zeus light strike vehicle. NASA is also looking at the Genesis Lab at the Fayetteville Research & Technology Park for possible grants.

There's around $450 Billion dollars in military funding going to various states of which Arkansas is trying to secure at least $50 Billion of it. Springfield may get some of those grants if this new Jordan Valley Innovation Center is as good as it sounds.

University College Hall

This new facility to be located on the corner of National and Madison will greet students on their initial visit to campus. It will house the University College, which contains the Honors College, international studies, general education, and continuous orientation advisement. The new building will also provide space for the office of student services.

College of Arts and Letters

In an attempt to geographically consolidate the College of Arts & Letters to one region on campus, this new building complex will house six departments within the college. The proposed building will provide an appropriate environment for the departments of art & design, communication, media, journalism & film, modern & classical languages, music and theatre & dance.

What's the name of the University in Springfield? I'm guessing University of the Ozarks, but I'm not familiar enough with Springfield. Is Springfield's University the main campus or split up like the University of Arkansas?

The University of Arkansas in Fayetteville raised $1 Billion a couple years ago for remodelling, new colleges and expansions to exisiting colleges. $300 Million of it was donated by the Walton Family Foundation.

That's pretty cool that Springfield will be getting a Technology Center... the Research & Technology Park in Fayetteville has been getting military grants for research and development of nanotechnology, satellite tracking systems and recently the Zeus light strike vehicle. NASA is also looking at the Genesis Lab at the Fayetteville Research & Technology Park for possible grants.

There's around $450 Billion dollars in military funding going to various states of which Arkansas is trying to secure at least $50 Billion of it. Springfield may get some of those grants if this new Jordan Valley Innovation Center is as good as it sounds.

What's the name of the University in Springfield? I'm guessing University of the Ozarks, but I'm not familiar enough with Springfield. Is Springfield's University the main campus or split up like the University of Arkansas?

The University of Arkansas in Fayetteville raised $1 Billion a couple years ago for remodelling, new colleges and expansions to exisiting colleges. $300 Million of it was donated by the Walton Family Foundation.

It is MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY and is the main campus with over 20,000 students. There are also three extended-campus's in West Plains, Mt. Grove and somewhere in China. Heres their wesite to learn more about Missouri State University: http://www.missouristate.edu/

I wondering if the I-540 was completed from Joplin to Fayetteville? I am visiting my friend at UA next week and was just wondering.

subheader3.jpg

No, there still hasn't been anything happen around Bella Vista right on the border. I haven't been up there in quite a while but last time I was up they were widening Hwy 71 on the Missouri side. They were doing that before they decided to go ahead and hook up with the eventually Bella Vista bypass. Hope you enjoy your visit here. At least you missed the bad weather here this past weekend.

No, there still hasn't been anything happen around Bella Vista right on the border. I haven't been up there in quite a while but last time I was up they were widening Hwy 71 on the Missouri side. They were doing that before they decided to go ahead and hook up with the eventually Bella Vista bypass. Hope you enjoy your visit here. At least you missed the bad weather here this past weekend.

I believe the corridor between Boston, NYC and Washington DC is called the "Bos-Ny-Wash".

With all that's going on in middle america from Springfield to NWA to Tulsa (hey, they DID get to the high population levels first) I wonder if we could call this area the "Spri-Ben-Tul" or the "Spri-Nwa-Tul"?

The "geographical center of the economic universe"... :thumbsup:

I believe the corridor between Boston, NYC and Washington DC is called the "Bos-Ny-Wash".

With all that's going on in middle america from Springfield to NWA to Tulsa (hey, they DID get to the high population levels first) I wonder if we could call this area the "Spri-Ben-Tul" or the "Spri-Nwa-Tul"?

The "geographical center of the economic universe"... :thumbsup:

Or we could really get carried away and go for Spri-Ben-Rog-Spri-Fay-Sil-Tul. :lol:

Kohl's , Target (1 existing and 2 in the works), Best buy, Tj MAX, Bed Bath and Beyond, Marshall's,

Toy's R Us, Bass Pro Headquarter's, etc........

I wanted to post some great info for both our communities. One county from each of our MSA's was among the TOP 100 Fastest Growing Counties between 03'-04'.

Springfield/ Christian County: #66 03' pop- 61,564/ 04' pop- 64,273 %change 4.4

NWA/ Benton County: #69 03' pop- 172,263/ 04' pop- 179,756 %change 4.3

Here's the website: htmlwww.census.gov / pdfwww.census.gov

subheader3.jpg

By department stores, he meant department stores...target, best buy, tjmaxx, bed bath & beyond, and bass pro shops are not department stores. And, I think we all know that Springfield is where Bass Pro Shops is headquartered. Now, to the numbers.

From '03 - '04

Christian Co, MO + 2,709

Benton Co, AR +7,493

Greene Co, MO + 2,410

Washington Co, AR + 4,312

From '00 - '04

Christian Co, MO + 9,988

Benton Co, AR +26,350

Greene Co, MO + 7,541

Washington Co, AR +16,362

Most of the population being gained by NWA counties is going to key cities.

Greene County population gained is going to the county, and the city of

Springfield is actually shrinking a bit. Here's the key city population changes

from '00 - '04. Just as with Springfield, the NWA suburbs are growing quite fast.

Some in NWA from 75-100%. I think in Springfield's suburbs, the highest I saw was

Ozark, at 50%. Some others were close to 20%. Most of the smaller cities in NWA are

developing into sizable suburbs. Some are in Springfield's metro as well, but most of the

smaller towns around Springfield are still rural towns with no growth. Only a few are

growing into suburbs.

From '00 - '04

Springfield, MO - 1%

Fayetteville, AR +11%

Springdale, AR +23%

Rogers, AR +16%

Bentonville, AR +40%

With the new census counts being done, thsose percentages are going to go even higher. From the estimates being thrown around...it will be interesting to see if the cities are growing as fast as people

are saying.

By department stores, he meant department stores...target, best buy, tjmaxx, bed bath & beyond, and bass pro shops are not department stores. And, I think we all know that Springfield is where Bass Pro Shops is headquartered. Now, to the numbers.

From '03 - '04

Christian Co, MO + 2,709

Benton Co, AR +7,493

Greene Co, MO + 2,410

From '00 - '04

Christian Co, MO + 9,988

Benton Co, AR +26,350

Greene Co, MO + 7,541

from '00 - '04. Just as with Springfield, the NWA suburbs are growing quite fast.

Some in NWA from 75-100%. I think in Springfield's suburbs, the highest I saw was

Ozark, at 50%. Some others were close to 20%. Most of the smaller cities in NWA are

developing into sizable suburbs. Some are in Springfield's metro as well, but most of the

smaller towns around Springfield are still rural towns with no growth. Only a few are

growing into suburbs.

From '00 - '04

Springfield, MO - 1%

Fayetteville, AR +11%

Springdale, AR +23%

Rogers, AR +16%

Bentonville, AR +40%

With the new census counts being done, thsose percentages are going to go even higher. From the estimates being thrown around...it will be interesting to see if the cities are growing as fast as people

are saying.

40% in 4 years for benton county?...........(or is that 5?)

Damn.

It is MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY and is the main campus with over 20,000 students. There are also three extended-campus's in West Plains, Mt. Grove and somewhere in China. Heres their wesite to learn more about Missouri State University: http://www.missouristate.edu/

Now isn't that the same as SOUTHWEST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY? That's Missouri's second largest University with the main campus in Springfield. The larger University would be the UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-COLUMBIA, with a full-time enrollment of over 23,000 students. Here's their website.

Now isn't that the same as SOUTHWEST MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY? That's Missouri's second largest University with the main campus in Springfield. The larger University would be the UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-COLUMBIA, with a full-time enrollment of over 23,000 students. Here's their website.

Yeah I forgot about that. I think they changed their name recently.

I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE????

:rofl:

From '03 - '04

Christian Co, MO + 2,709

Benton Co, AR +7,493

Greene Co, MO + 2,410

From '00 - '04

Christian Co, MO + 9,988

Benton Co, AR +26,350

Greene Co, MO + 7,541

growing into suburbs.

From '00 - '04

Springfield, MO - 1%

Fayetteville, AR +11%

Springdale, AR +23%

Rogers, AR +16%

Bentonville, AR +40%

are saying.

I know all of this, I wasn't stating anything but the fact that one county from each of our MSA's were in the 03-04 100 fastest grwoing counties, as well as them being in many other years. The census nubers are done by percentage's and between 00'-04' Christian County was 18.4% and Benton County was 17.2%:

census facts

The only suburbs that are still rural are a good 15-20 miles from Springfield. Nixa, Ozark, and Republic are already sizable suburbs. The city counsel is conducting a pop. estimate done by the state for those cities and are predicted to be around 18,000 each, but of course we don't know yet (by 2010 are expected to be 20,000-25,000 each). Willard and Rogersville are not as large but are still steadily growing. Here is some in formation on the district 8 study for suburban growth (St. Louis, Memphis, Springfield, Fayetteville...) with Springfield's suburbs at #1. (scroll to bottom of page for map): Regional Economist

Kohls, Tj Max, Bass Pro, Marshall's, Hobby Lobby.... are all department stores.

I mentioned some of this before but I'd like to talk more about public transportation again. Can you tell us a little more about the bus service and such in Springfield? Would you happen to have any numbers or routes? I'm curious to see how much of an area the bus service covers in Springfield.

MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY was fromerly (SOUTHWEST MISSOURI STATE) last year. Of course UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI-COLUMBIA is the largest, its the state university with 28,000 students. With the UMKC, UMST, UMR that number climbs to 63,000 students at all four campus's.

Archived