From the 1990s

- "End of the Road"

by Boyz II Men

(movie sound track "Boomerang")

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a test? :rofl:

In the Air Tonight was that Miami Vice song...I wonder if someone covered it for the upcoming movie. I prefer "Mama" by Genesis. :P

I basically get nostalgic over just about anything from the '80s, especially anything from my High School Years (1984-1988). I'll throw some out there (some are typical, some you may never have heard of):

• "Somebody's Baby" - Jackson Browne off of the "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" Soundtrack - 1982

• "Human Touch" - Rick Springfield off of (I believe) "Living in Oz" - 1983

• "Taking my Chances" - the Outfield off of "Play Deep" - 1986

• "With or Without You" - U2 off of "the Joshua Tree" - 1987

• "Orange Crush" - R.E.M. off of "Green" - 1987 or 1988 (can't remember which)

• "Black" - Pearl Jam off of "Ten" - 1991

• "Water's Edge" - Seven Mary Three off of "Churn" and re-released off of "American Standard" - 1995

• "If You Could Only See" - Tonic off of "Lemon Parade" - 1997

New Year's Day

by U2

That was the first music video (remember those?) that I ever saw. We didn't have MTV on cable where I lived at the time and this was the very first music video played on the very first episode of "Night Tracks" on Superstation WTBS. It was followed by "Saved by Zero" by the Fixx, if I recall. I remember staying up until 11:00pm on a Friday or Saturday Night to watch it (that was late for me back then).

I warned you that just about anything from the '80s evokes nostalgia for me. :wub:

That was the first music video (remember those?) that I ever saw. We didn't have MTV on cable where I lived at the time and this was the very first music video played on the very first episode of "Night Tracks" on Superstation WTBS. It was followed by "Saved by Zero" by the Fixx, if I recall. I remember staying up until 11:00pm on a Friday or Saturday Night to watch it (that was late for me back then).

I warned you that just about anything from the '80s evokes nostalgia for me. :wub:

Indeed. I just saw both on VH1 Classic yesterday. VH1 Classic is like MTV of the 80's when they actually showed music videos instead of endless reality shows of 20 somethings having their mid-life crisis. :lol:

Indeed. I just saw both on VH1 Classic yesterday. VH1 Classic is like MTV of the 80's when they actually showed music videos instead of endless reality shows of 20 somethings having their mid-life crisis. :lol:

I often find myself watching VH1 Classic early on a Saturday Morning. When I was a kid, it was cartoons. Now, it's 80's videos. :rofl: There's another thing that seems to have vanished...Saturday Morning Cartoons. My kids are just going to have to have their own memories of childhood, I suppose. :rolleyes:

OK...so I'm sitting here at 1:25AM ET watching the late night Olympic Coverage on NBC. Suddenly, I see this older, heavy-set guy with wavy hair wearing a uniform of some sort....he seems vaguely familiar...but why? A name comes to mind, "Simon." Hmm...Simon who? Then I hear it...those familiar Andy Taylor riffs. I turn up the volume...yes...it is...Duran Duran!!! Playing for the poor freezing Olympic Fans in Torino!!!

"Hungry Like the Wolf"

Ah...memories.

• 2 weeks later...

80's and 90's. Great decades. :)

80's:

Land Down Under by Men at Work

Karma Chamelion

We Built This City

She's Got the Look

90's:

Can't Help Falling in Love by UB40

Baby Come Back by UB40

Ordinary World by Duran Duran

The Sign by Ace of Base

I'll Make Love to You by Boyz II Men

What's Up by Four Non Blondes

And etc.

I hated the 80's but I liked that song that goes:

WE'RE THE KIDS IN AMERICA!...WHO-OH!

NAH, NA, NA, NA, HEY!

good stuff...

Looking out a dirty old window...all the cars in the streets below go rushing by....I sit here alone and I wonder why....

GREAT SONG!

My favorite 80's song is "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears. Guess that's why I like the movie "Real Genius" so much. :)

POPCORN!!!!!! :rofl:

My list:

"Love Shack"- The B-52's

"Hungry Like a Wolf"- Duran Duran

"Human Touch" & "Jessie's Girl"- Rick Springfield

"Hold on Loosely" & "Caught Up in You"- .38 Special

"Invisible Touch"- Genesis

"Steppin Out" Joe Jackson

........And that's the short list ;)

80s -- Anything by Duran Duran. My all-time favorite band. If John Taylor asked me to marry him, I'd leave my husband in a second and run away with my one true love. :wub: I've had a crush on John for 22 years. :blush:

90s -- It's definitely "Thurston Hearts The Who" by Bikini Kill. But I don't love Kathleen Hanna as much as I do John. :wub:

My favorite 80's song is "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears. Guess that's why I like the movie "Real Genius" so much. :)

Is that the Bill Gates movie? I know that song was played on that movie. The song was most popular on the HBO show Dennis Miller Live.

80s -- Anything by Duran Duran. My all-time favorite band. If John Taylor asked me to marry him, I'd leave my husband in a second and run away with my one true love. :wub: I've had a crush on John for 22 years. :blush:

:lol: You and every girl I went to junior high/high school with!! John, Simon, and Nick got all the action. Poor Andy and Roger!! :silly:

Archived