Atlanta Hilton For Sale?

tombarnes

According to the Atlanta Business Chronicle, the Atlanta Hilton may soon be up for sale. In any event, a building boom of other Hilton properties may take place. The 30 year old exclusivity contract is also set to expire at the end of the year, opening the way for many different Hilton properties. From what I have heard, the Hilton is getting a bit tired. Maybe a new flag is just what the hotel needs. Perhaps this will also mean a new flagship hotel for Hilton- possibly a conversion? I'm sure Hilton will want to cultivate a major presence in the Atlanta market.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm. Ryan you must have some inside info.

If you're just guessing... then my guess goes to a location somewhere near Centennial Park. I will raise your Culb 112 and throw in the parcel across from the Glenn & next to the (possible) NASCAR museum. There is a small one level parking structure there now.

This could really become a great area if Club 112 was torn down and the car wash relocated. Do you have any more information Ryan?

A Hilton on Chesire? There's too many naughty bookstores and it has gotten very crummy over the years. I would like to predict that the next Hilton would be up towards Lenox or Phipps.

A Hilton on Chesire? There's too many naughty bookstores and it has gotten very crummy over the years. I would like to predict that the next Hilton would be up towards Lenox or Phipps.

Actually Cheshire seems to be in a battle between smut and gentrification. There have been a couple of projects in the last few years and a couple more going on now.

I hate that part of Peachtree St. It looks so bad with three consecutive blocks of nothing... and in such a prime area too. It's like somebody set off a bomb right there and no one wants to swoop in and develop it. It's starting to get close though with the new condo project coming soon to the former Vision site. I'm actually kind of glad Vision is going anyway. I never liked walking by it at night... so much riff raff hanging outside of it for no reason.

Archived