History of Downtown Theaters

gs3

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For you history buffs, here's an article in the Greenville News about the history of downtown movie houses / theaters in Greenville. Interesting article! :thumbsup:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....1062/CITYPEOPLE

Interesting read. thanks for posting the link!

I really wish that a movie theater would return downtown. Preferably not on Main St- for one, due to lack of land, but also to help expand downtown's night life. I'd like to see a theater with an old style facde and an old styled sign with lights and all... :blush:

Interesting read. thanks for posting the link!

I really wish that a movie theater would return downtown. Preferably not on Main St- for one, due to lack of land, but also to help expand downtown's night life. I'd like to see a theater with an old style facde and an old styled sign with lights and all... :blush:

There was an article in the paper a few months ago about a possible movie theater at Riverplace, I believe it said possible in the phase 3 building. Nothing was confirmed, juest basically proposed. I don't think this would be a bad idea as long as it would be no larger than the Camelot, something small and neighborhood friendly.

Archived