Community Based Banks

gs3

I don't know much about the banking industry, so not sure what it means, but there has been a large crop of upstart, community based banks, opening in Greenville recently. Independence Bank, Pinnacle Bank, Bank of Greenville, BankGreenville, etc. I take this as a good sign. Here's an article on Pinnacle:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs..../602080397/1003

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GrandSouth Bank started in Fountain Inn. Now its beautiful new bank headquarters is on Halton Rd at Rocky Slope. It's growing fast and soon will open a branch in Anderson! This community bank is definitely doing well! Maybe once it grows to serve the entire upstate or state :rolleyes: , it will open a new main office downtown :) .

Greenville First seems to be doing well too.

I remember seeing a large Grand South bank in Columbia. Are they still based in Greenville?

Greenville First is doing VERY well. They had talked of opening a new headquarters in downtown recently.

Yea, they only have 3 locations- FI, Gville, and now Anderson. Must be a different bank in Cola.

Is Independence Bank locally based? What about Regions Bank? I assume it is based somewhere in SC. We already know Carolina First is or was based in Greenville. The Bank of Travelers Rest has really expanded in the Greenville area. Cornerstone Bank is in the midst of a growth spurt as new locations are beginning to pop up around the area. Where is Aurthur State Bank based? Palmetto Bank is based somewhere in the Upstate too, right? Summit National Bank merged with First Citizens recently. :)

Arthur State is out of Union. They are growing pretty rapidly. I see those things more and more.

I thought Regions Bank is headquartered in Greenville, but I can't find anything to confirm that.

I wonder what the popularity is with these banks other than the more personal service? I find that my bank is very personable. I guess they just aren't my thing. I personally use statewide banks. Local banks don't have quite enough locations for me. I hate ATM fees and inconvenient locations.

Is Independence Bank locally based? What about Regions Bank? I assume it is based somewhere in SC. We already know Carolina First is or was based in Greenville. The Bank of Travelers Rest has really expanded in the Greenville area. Cornerstone Bank is in the midst of a growth spurt as new locations are beginning to pop up around the area. Where is Aurthur State Bank based? Palmetto Bank is based somewhere in the Upstate too, right? Summit National Bank merged with First Citizens recently. :)

Independnce is out of downtown Greenville. Right now they just have that one location. That is the Bank Vivian Wong (Dragon Den, Global Trade Center) and some other local business persons started recently.

• 2 months later...

GrandSouth Bank is experiencing extremely fast growth. Hopefully they continue this positive progression and eventually expand their office space for more employees. :D

Report from The Greenville News.

Peoples Bancorp, parent of Peoples National Bank, Bank of Anderson, and Seneca National Bank, had an 8% increase in total assets this past year. :thumbsup:

GrandSouth Bank is experiencing extremely fast growth. Hopefully they continue this positive progression and eventually expand their office space for more employees. :D

They don't even fill their current building on Halton. But they are opening an Anderson location soon, so they will now have 3 locations. They had their best month ever last month. :thumbsup:

(this is where i bank)

Archived