Aiken County

PJA

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a chance that property owners in South Carolina may no longer have to pay property taxes. This would definitely help the housing market in North Augusta, Aiken and surrounding areas if this passes. Aiken County already had one of the largest if not the largest real estate boom in the Augusta area. Here's the full story.

Full Story

• 2 weeks later...

Aiken plans to build a connector road that will connect Whiskey, Pine Log, and Powderhouse roads. This will help to alleviate traffic in the heavy commercial district of Aiken. There are a few ideas being floated around and the public will get to vote on which one they would like.

• 2 weeks later...

South Carolina lawmakers want to pass a bill called the Retail Revitalization Act that would give business owners a 25 percent tax credit if they choose to open their business in a vacant building instead of building a new one. This is to help curtail the amount of big box vacant shopping centers that are popping up. This could lure business away from the Augusta side of the CSRA but many people believe it will cause GA lawmakers to come up with a similar plan.

• 3 weeks later...

Aiken will be getting a Sam's Club and a second Wal-mart Supercenter. The new Wal-mart will be located on Richland Avenue at the University Parkway intersection on the northwest side of town. A location for Sams hasn't been decided as of yet.

Wow its about time the Augusta/Aiken metro gets its 2nd Sams Club. Ive heard the Augusta Sam's is one of the busiest stores in the SE. I think Augusta really needs a Cosco though...maybe that will be next?

My mom said the same thing about Cosco. Augusta is still missing a lot of national retail chains.

yeah it is about time and I agree about the costco, I think only Atlanta has it though. it seems to be a trend that if Atlanta has it for a while, then one or more of the Fall-line cities get it next.

As far as national retailers, I agree too, Augusta still has a long way to catch up to the rest of the Southeast cities. I'm glad to see Aiken continuing to grow, even though the 2nd walmart did seem a bit much to hear, but with aiken's growing population, it should be sustained. A sams club and even another Best buy or circuit for the area would benefit also.

• 3 weeks later...