Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

urbanbna

Nashville @ Night

OK, some might be blurry because I have a new camera and I didn't have my tripod with me. But they are still good.

No descriptions. If you want to know where or what the picture is or of, just ask.

IMG_0379%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0388%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0409%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0437%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0439%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0482%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0488%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0490%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0501%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0509%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0515%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0519%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0523%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0537%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0540%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0541%20(Large).JPG

Very nice. When were these taken?

Welcome to the boards, UrbanBNA. I'm looking forward to readign more posts (and looking at more pictures with your new camera).

Terrific shots urbanbna, esp. with no tripod! I really like the ones of some of the lesser seen buildings and area of town. The ones of the Baptist Hospitial buildings are awesome IMO, I so rarely see pics of that area in stand alone form. I also like the West End shot which shows off all that density, and the streets stretching out towards downtown in your skyline shot from West End is awesome!

Oh and I don't think I've welcomend you yet either! So let me welcome you to the boards! Glad to have you here and look forward to seeing more pics and reading more posts from you.

Nice Pics, and welcome! I can't wait for pics when the Viridian is finished and we see the lit spires on top of it. BTW, William is going to do an article on the tops of buildings soon. We want to find out why the aragon is no longer lit on top of the US Bank building.

Nice Pics, and welcome! I can't wait for pics when the Viridian is finished and we see the lit spires on top of it. BTW, William is going to do an article on the tops of buildings soon. We want to find out why the aragon is no longer lit on top of the US Bank building.

Yes, please find out why that building is not lit up anymore.

Nashvillain, is that you in the circle of scantily (ha) clad people waiting to get into the Adelicia sales office?

We'll chip in for curtains.

UB, these are just great shots. 2:00 a.m. .... wow, I don't remember what 2 a.m. looks like. Now I do.

UB, R, is this you?

i was wondering what that building is on the far left in the 11th picture - the one of the skyline - boy is that building ugly and its always lit up virtually from top to bottom every night i see it

i was wondering what that building is on the far left in the 11th picture - the one of the skyline - boy is that building ugly and its always lit up virtually from top to bottom every night i see it

That's the Tennessee Tower, Snodgrass, :wacko:

Great pictures. Looking forward to seeing the Viridian completed. That's going to be a nice addition to Nashville's skyline.

Can anyone artificially add Signature Tower into that full skyline shot? It would be nice to see the impact it will have. I may try it but I don't have much time.

i just realized something. people faught viridian for blocking out and shadowing the L&C. The Sig will completely block it from the west, and honestly, people will hardly notice the L&C

Am I the only one who really likes the Tennessee Tower. I think it's a great 'scraper. Maybe it's because I remember watching it rise? Could be, but I do like it anyway.

I've always kind of liked it, also. It was a bold statement at the time, dominating the skyline near the top of Capitol hill. It made a strong statement about the National Life Company which built it and also owned the Grand Ole Opry, Opryland and the Hotel.

It was somewhat of a 'cookie cutter' design by Skidmore Owings and Merrill as it closely resembles the old Shell Oil buildings in New Orleans and Houston, also by SOM, but it has a great verticality with the exterior columns flaring out at the base.

Am I the only one who really likes the Tennessee Tower. I think it's a great 'scraper. Maybe it's because I remember watching it rise? Could be, but I do like it anyway.

Does anybody else remember how the Tennessee Tower used to always have a theme message lit up and spelled out with its windows?

I like it, but I like alot of architecture that other folks don't fancy as much like 100 North Main in Memphis. ;)

I like it, but I like alot of architecture that other folks don't fancy as much like 100 North Main in Memphis. ;)

Isn't that sucker covered from top to bottom with marble?

And speaking of F'ugly... HCA's Row at Centenniel has Snodgrass beat by a mile.

Isn't that sucker covered from top to bottom with marble?

And speaking of F'ugly... HCA's Row at Centenniel has Snodgrass beat by a mile.

IMHO, the ugliest building in Nashville, by far, is the Parkway Tower at 404 James Robertson Parkway. Hideous! :sick:

Amen, doorman, Parkway Towers just needs to go away. It either needs a...no, it just needs to go away. It would be a great site for a real office tower.

Brain, I'm not sure what the material is. It's good looking stuff, but needs a bath.