Nashville @ Night

urbanbna

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrific shots urbanbna, esp. with no tripod! I really like the ones of some of the lesser seen buildings and area of town. The ones of the Baptist Hospitial buildings are awesome IMO, I so rarely see pics of that area in stand alone form. I also like the West End shot which shows off all that density, and the streets stretching out towards downtown in your skyline shot from West End is awesome!

Oh and I don't think I've welcomend you yet either! So let me welcome you to the boards! Glad to have you here and look forward to seeing more pics and reading more posts from you.

Nice Pics, and welcome! I can't wait for pics when the Viridian is finished and we see the lit spires on top of it. BTW, William is going to do an article on the tops of buildings soon. We want to find out why the aragon is no longer lit on top of the US Bank building.

Yes, please find out why that building is not lit up anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one who really likes the Tennessee Tower. I think it's a great 'scraper. Maybe it's because I remember watching it rise? Could be, but I do like it anyway.

I've always kind of liked it, also. It was a bold statement at the time, dominating the skyline near the top of Capitol hill. It made a strong statement about the National Life Company which built it and also owned the Grand Ole Opry, Opryland and the Hotel.

It was somewhat of a 'cookie cutter' design by Skidmore Owings and Merrill as it closely resembles the old Shell Oil buildings in New Orleans and Houston, also by SOM, but it has a great verticality with the exterior columns flaring out at the base.

Am I the only one who really likes the Tennessee Tower. I think it's a great 'scraper. Maybe it's because I remember watching it rise? Could be, but I do like it anyway.

Does anybody else remember how the Tennessee Tower used to always have a theme message lit up and spelled out with its windows?

Archived