Southside

celebrated

I have heard a Super Target is a possibility for the SouthSide Shopping Area.

Ok when you said Southside Shopping Area, I immediately thought about the indoor flea market and harvey's area without even thinking about the st.joe development. This just to show how general the name Southside is. -_-

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Target is not my idea of something good. yay, a big box retailer, we have 2 targets already and 3 walmarts.

I understand and in some ways concur, however please give us an idea of what you think would be something good for this area?

I wasn't posing an opinion on whether Super Target is desirable, just that I had heard that Target was a possibility. There will evidently be 3 anchor tenants, with Target a possibility for one of the 3. It will likely not be the Governor's Square type of mall, but with stores spread among blocks.

Eddie Bauer has definitely been out-moded by competitors like A&F, American Eagle and from the catalogue sales of LL Bean and Lands End. It's demise at Governor's Square was not too surprising.

I am still holding out for Kohl's or something similar. Or could we get a little more upscale and get a Pottery Barn?

I believe Eddie Bauer is out of business at the mall. You are probably right. How about a Dick's Sporting Goods?

Maybe in Fallschase, there's 4 or 5 spaces in there that a Dick's might work. Besides, I want my upstate NY type places (Dick's started as a bait shop in Binghamton) in town.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my personal suggestions of stores / restaurants this town needs...

- Rooms To Go

- Whole Foods Market, Trader Joes, or Wild Oats (upscale / organic grocery stores)

- Bass Pro Shop / Outdoor World

- Dick's / Gander Mountain / Galyans (a nice sports store a notch above Sports Authority)

- Marble Slab Creamery / Cold Stone Creamery / Maggie Moos (Good ice cream shop)

- Souper Salads / Sweet Tomatoes (soup / salad buffet)

- A microbrewery! (I'll even settle for a Hops.)

- Sam Seltzers Steakhouse

- Jillians / Dave & Busters (playground for adults)

- Another bowling alley to boost competition (prices are outrageous)

- A bigger climbing gym (Tally Rock Gym is ok, but too small and too hot)

- Ice rink.

- Small water park.

- Coyote Ugly bar.

- Damon's Place for Ribs

- Rooms To Go

- Whole Foods Market, Trader Joes, or Wild Oats (upscale / organic grocery stores)

- Dick's / Gander Mountain / Galyans (a nice sports store a notch above Sports Authority)

- Marble Slab Creamery / Cold Stone Creamery / Maggie Moos (Good ice cream shop)

- Ice rink.

- Small water park.

- Coyote Ugly bar.

- Damon's Place for Ribs

sorry but we already have some of the places u listed..

we have a Cold Stone Creamery actually 2

No need to apologize there TD.

I actually like that list. Really nice there.

I cold stone thing that TD pointed out is accurate. And our Civic Center has been converted into an Ice Rink in the winter for our Ice Skating pleasure. Of course, this hasn't happened since we lost the Tigersharks.

I do absolutely think we need a water park, small or large.

What is Damon's Place for Ribs and Coyote Ugly Bar? Are they that much different from places that we already have that they MUST be added to our inventory?

- Rooms To Go

- Ice rink.

- Small water park.

- Coyote Ugly bar.

- Damon's Place for Ribs

What, no skate park or Ron Jon?. I do agree about the Sweet Tomatoes, though. Also if a Barnes and Noble goes in down there or in Fallschase, it needs to be one of the larger, full service ones, with all the bells and whistles, including a used book section.

No need to apologize there TD.

I actually like that list. Really nice there.

I cold stone thing that TD pointed out is accurate. And our Civic Center has been converted into an Ice Rink in the winter for our Ice Skating pleasure. Of course, this hasn't happened since we lost the Tigersharks.

I do absolutely think we need a water park, small or large.

What is Damon's Place for Ribs and Coyote Ugly Bar? Are they that much different from places that we already have that they MUST be added to our inventory?

This is the water park I remember from growing up. Looking at the website, it seems to have grown up too! Rapids Water Park I miss the Lazy River :( When I was a kid the only slides they had were the Flumes!

I have heard a Super Target is a possibility for the SouthSide Shopping Area.

My friend who works for Target corporate said that he did not see any new Tally stores on the list for the next 3-4 years. I think that list included Super Targets as well, but I am not sure.

I'm not sure, but since much of their plans are dependent on roads getting done before that would go in, and widening CCSE isn't expected to be finished in that area for 3-4 years that may be realistic.

Maybe the section between Tram around toward the airport, but the Apalachee Parkway to Tram section should be done within a few months by the looks of things.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the section between Tram around toward the airport, but the Apalachee Parkway to Tram section should be done within a few months by the looks of things.

Exactly, which would hold up things a bit, since that would be the section that would run right in front of their million square feet of retail space and a fair portion of their housing.

• 1 month later...

Archived