Southside

celebrated

Posting an attachment of a St Joe Company Map just released to investors which shows all their current & proposed projects in North Florida. You'll notice it shows "SouthSide" as well as a few other developments I haven't heard mentioned before.

post-8696-1141970105_thumb.jpg

post-8696-1141970105_thumb.jpg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excitement overcomes me and I must post a big Thank You Glenn! I also noticed Red Hills and Walton Corners.

You're Welcome, TJ! Although their map shows is as being North of Hwy 27/Apalachee Pkwy, I thought "Red Hills" was the name they had given to their "White Fence Farms" development at Old St. Augustine & Williams Road. Either I'm wrong, the map is wrong, or it will be a larger project than we thought & cover both sides of 27. They do own alot of land north of 27. By the way, The Southern Living idea house at this new development (whatever it's name is) should be ready in time for the Parade of Homes in May. Not sure what or where "Walton Corners" is...will have to research that one. Did you also notice the new, "Cutter Bay" development along the coast as well as "River Camps on St. Marks" & "River Camps on Bear Bluff"??? All 4 of these developments were news to me.

psycuda, Did you ever have the meeting you mentioned above? Please give us details when you can. Thanks!

Ok, here's the basics

There's supposed to be about 1,800 single family homes, mostly south of Capital Circle, 1,000 single family homes, mostly north of Capital Circle. Along Capital Circle on either side, St. Joe plans to build a 1 million square foot lifestyle center (no specific names, but there will be a theater, and this will probably be a bit more upscale than most of the stuff out there because of the type of people that are attracted to southwood and probably Southside), also integrating some apartments, office space, a hospital, and some hotel rooms into it. The far south end where there are currently wetlands is supposed to be preserved as wetland space. Other than that, nothing is in stone as of yet, since this was their early, early meeting.

Thank you very much for the update on the "SouthSide" project, psycuda! These are pretty agressive plans for St. Joe....and a hospital too? Wow! :) They did a similar partnership in Walton County with Sacred Heart of Pensacola to establish a hospital near all their developments over that way. Please keep us posted & share more when you can. Thanks again!

This is a very nice head start on this project Psycuda. I truly appreciate the heads up. Will this be a Picket Fence community or will it have a different theme, say something more contemporary, or eclectic? How does St. Joe plan to capture Tallahassee with this new SouthSide development. Can we expect to see Palms, stucco? Earthtones and stones? Bricks and Gates?

• 3 weeks later...

In the Democrat last Thursday, there was a public notice (back page of Section A) of tracts of land that were before the Planning Commission for rezoning. There was a 1260 acre property on Cap Cir SE changing from ??? t0 ???. Looked for the info online, but I could not find it. Anyways, St Joe is definitely forging ahead with the new development.

Are they going to be competing with themselves? Southwood v. Southside (or whatever the name is)? Until Southwood is completely built out, it seems like it could be too much of a good thing. Maybe their concept for Southside is different than Southwood, but it is hard to imagine.

Also, what happens to Roberts Sand? They have been selling sand, gravel, compost for along time from their spot on CC SE.

Are they going to be competing with themselves? Southwood v. Southside (or whatever the name is)? Until Southwood is completely built out, it seems like it could be too much of a good thing. Maybe their concept for Southside is different than Southwood, but it is hard to imagine.

It is my understanding that homes in Southside will likely be built by national builders rather than by St. Joe. Southwood is still selling faster than St. Joe can develop the infrastructure so I doubt competition is an issue.

Here is the link to the article:

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../604040331/1010

I was disapointed as they offered very little new information other than the map.

so its true, south wood and south side. South tallahassee finally gets some love, style, and gets rid of the bad wrap. Like aerosmith says "I want you to take me back to SOUTH Tallahassee"

• 3 weeks later...

And in a month or so, the official proposal for Southside will hit the table and we'll have some sort of official document to discuss here.

Thanks psycuda! Please keep us all posted. Man, the East & Southeast are really starting to roll. Actually, our whole City is on a roll! :yahoo:

Archived