Tennessee Ranks in top ten among exporters

smeagolsfree

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how much of that data is skewed as a result of FedEx's hub being a foreign trade zone, as well as the fact that about half the nation's cotton crop is brokered and sold out of Memphis, even though TN's not a particularly large cotton state.

Yes they still manufacture in Springhill, and I think that plant if fairly safe as GM restructures. I don't think they export many Saturns as it was a brand developed for domestic production to compete with Japanese imports.

I'm not sure where the FTZ are in the TN cities, and what products go throught them. Its something I would be interesting in learning about though.

Yes they still manufacture in Springhill, and I think that plant if fairly safe as GM restructures. I don't think they export many Saturns as it was a brand developed for domestic production to compete with Japanese imports.

I'm not sure where the FTZ are in the TN cities, and what products go throught them. Its something I would be interesting in learning about though.

I think the Nissan plant in Smyrna is in or attached to an FTZ. I'm sure they will pop up along new I-69 in the next few years.

Also they requested the engine plant in Decherd be included. FTZ

According to the article, there are 2 in Memphis and 1 each in Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga, and the Tri-Cities.

Nissan IS a FTZ. It is stated thoroughout the plant and on the outside of the guard houses/fences. Smyrna Police have no jurisdiction on Nissan property. It is controlled by the US Government, FBI, ATF. Smyrna can't even respond to a vehicle accident in the parking lot. I know that for a fact. LOL!

Archived