Bobcats Arena Retail

graydog

Talked with Red of Red's Barbacue fame while he was getting a Starbucks at the BOFA Plaza. He said he needs another investor for his restaurant on E. Trade St. at the Arena. His timetable is not known until that person is found. Seems like it might be a tough go until EpiCentre is finished and even then I don't know if there are enough offices close by to make a decent lunch revenue. Too bad he can't be open for the huge CIAA crowd that's coming.

BTW, he smells great! Nothing like authentic hickory smokehouse perfume. Maybe he could bottle that too.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. I think they have better coffee than Charbucks.

Although their regular coffee may be better than Starbucks, in my experience the staff haven't been properly trained in making coffee drinks. My iced coffee always ended up looking more like iced milk because they put so much cream in it.

I would prefer an independent coffee shop downtown.

The Dunkin Donuts on South Blvd in Dilworth uses pre-calibrated machines to add milk and sugar to coffee. If you say "just a little" it still will be too sweet and light because they'll use the "small" setting. Tell the server specifically to use the "micro" setting.

But, I decided to quit asking them to add to my coffee anyway. The coffee is so hot it makes the cream curdle. Pull the lid off your coffee and take a look at it next time. :shok:

Anyway, looks like we're on our way to loading up the Arena with chain frontage. Hopefully something original will show up there. PLEASE! Not another Fuel Pizza or ShowMars!! Even local chains are still chains. Especially when there are 3 or 4 sites uptown already.

Anyway, looks like we're on our way to loading up the Arena with chain frontage. Hopefully something original will show up there. PLEASE! Not another Fuel Pizza or ShowMars!! Even local chains are still chains. Especially when there are 3 or 4 sites uptown already.
So local chains are bad, too? Can't please everybody I guess. ;)

Archived