Thruway Shopping Center

Hotlanta

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DaAchiever

Coldwater Creek will be moving into the old Pier One Kids space while Rolly's Toys will be taking over the Kirkland's space.

Is Rolly's Toys the same as Rolly's Kids? As in the store at Reynolda Village? And if so are they closing up the Reynolda shop or adding a second store?

• 2 weeks later...

My guess would that the Thruway store would just be another location. I imagine the other store does a boat-load of business at Reynolda Village.

Way back in the day, the predecessor to Rolly's at Reynolda Village was a toy story called Kaplan's which bought out Tiny Town Toys (my destination of choice back then) that was at Thruway. Food Fair and Woolworth's along with Thalhimer's, Bocock-Stroud, Davis and New Market Grille, among others, were still in operation at the shopping center back then. How many of the current retailers are actually local, Winston-Salem based stores like the one's above (save Woolworth's, of course)?

I think Thruway has done a decent job of keeping locally owned stores. In addition to what Steven said, the smoke and lamp shops on the lower level have been there since as long as I can remember. There used to be Stone Mill Bread, but that merged with Dewey's. I believe the nail salon, DIGITS, and Christopher's Formal Wear are also locally owned.

These are just some photos I have of Thruway that I thought I would share:

The unrenovated lower level of Thruway (the smoke and lamp shops are to the right while Fox and Hound is to the left):

2007-05-19005.jpg

Exterior of the lower level:

2007-05-19006.jpg

The soon-to-be vacant Fresh Market space :( :

IMG_0237.jpg

But, didn't they hire Livengood the former Krispy Kreme CEO to run it? If so, I hope he doesn't destroy Dewey's too.

Sadly, yes they did. <_< I believe he was voted the worst CEO of the year by CBS Business after his empire came tumbling down and all the secrets started to become exposed.

On my way to pick up something I ordered last night, I walked Thruway from Fresh Market to New Balance and I noticed Dewey's has renovated their interior very nicely! It has a very warm, rich feeling now.
Dewey's is one of the best looking stores in Thruway now. They only did minor renovations, but they worked really well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to Borders last night and took a few photos of some of the new store openings:

Update 10-20-07

New shoe store next to Borders:

1676501237_a19db0f3e3_b.jpg

Dewey's Interior Renovation:

1676508729_671a1a03b4_b.jpg

Rolly's (which is now open):

1676514633_faf14f55c2_b.jpg

1677370196_d73f8490c4_b.jpg

Soon to be closed Fresh Market space:

1676528279_9febc9255b_b.jpg

Coldwater Creek (will open this Monday):

1677384374_6ca5ca4b80_b.jpg