Thruway Shopping Center

Hotlanta

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh well, Chick-Fil-A won't exactly start an upscale revolution downstairs, but it will make those areas more marketable.

When they started construction on it about in November 2005 it looked like it was going to be 2 stories. I wished they had made it more urban looking like made the building touch Knollwood St and it have 2 stories. All it is now is a typical sububan looking restaurant placed in an urban area.

Moe's, Border's, Harris Teeter, New Balance Store, Bed Bath & Beyond. Then my friends and I drove around Winston Salem. I've been meaning to check out the Whole Foods in Winston too but keep forgetting. But we went up to the north side, University Parkway/Hanes Mill area since I hadn't seen that area yet.

Moe's, Border's, Harris Teeter, New Balance Store, Bed Bath & Beyond. Then my friends and I drove around Winston Salem. I've been meaning to check out the Whole Foods in Winston too but keep forgetting. But we went up to the north side, University Parkway/Hanes Mill area since I hadn't seen that area yet.

Gosh cantnot! You were just right there! :P The Whole Foods was right tere almost next to Thruway minus a few streets and turns. You would have loved that place it looks really awesome!

(saying this in a joking manner)

• 4 weeks later...

So the Chick fil A opened:

Teeming in the parking lot of a new Chick-fil-A at Thruway Shopping Center, golden-year belles and college freshmen alike were setting up to camp out to be among the restaurant's first 100 customers today. For doing so, they will get 52 coupons for a free chicken-sandwich meal, a $260 value.

Okeeyyy... :wacko:

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellit...d=1137834603366

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The Fresh Market at Thruway is slated to close once the new location on Robinhood Road is open. The new location is larger and should offer more features.

WSJ article about Fresh Market Closing/Opening

I think residents should protest, I think Winston-Salem and the surrounding neighborhoods can support two locations. IMO.

The Fresh Market at Thruway is slated to close once the new location on Robinhood Road is open. The new location is larger and should offer more features.

WSJ article about Fresh Market Closing/Opening

I think residents should protest, I think Winston-Salem and the surrounding neighborhoods can support two locations. IMO.

wow

Fresh Market seems to be closing all their old locations in the Triad and opening new ones!!

The new Fresh Market on Robinhood is going to be a new prototype store. As stated in the WSJ article, it will have a center deli island, expanded produce and perishables, plus more prepared items. This will be interesting to see how Fresh Market is interpreting future demand right in our backyard.

Supermarket News Article about Fresh Market's New Format in Winston-Salem

I'm glad to see a new Fresh Market in Winston, but I don't think they need to close at Thruway to do it. The only thing I can figure is that HT and Whole Foods were kicking their butts at Thruway.

But, as Eddard said, thiat would be a killer spot for Trader Joe's when Fresh Market does go :)

I'm glad to see a new Fresh Market in Winston, but I don't think they need to close at Thruway to do it. The only thing I can figure is that HT and Whole Foods were kicking their butts at Thruway.

But, as Eddard said, thiat would be a killer spot for Trader Joe's when Fresh Market does go :)

I sent an email over to Trader Joe's inquiring about a store in Winston. I received the following response.

Thank you for taking the time to write us here at Trader Joe's. We

appreciate your suggestions regarding opening a store in the

Winston-Salem, NC area. At this time we have no confirmed plans for a

store location in this area. However, we are always looking for new

locations and are open to suggestions. We will keep your recommendations

in our files for future consideration.

• 3 months later...

Archived