What ever happened to "City Stage" and "Street Scene"

wscruiser

I'm new here so forgive me if this question is out of place.

I remember not so many years ago, both Greensboro and Winston Salem had great city festivals where they would block off downtown on a Saturday and Sunday, have craft vendors set-up to sell their wares, provide top name entertainment, and had some awesome food vendors. What ever happened to these two events?

It seems that both Thomasville (Everybody's Day) and Lexington (Bar-B-Que Festival) draw 1000's of people for their one day festivals. Just wondering why Greensboro and Winston Salem gave up the idea.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember not so many years ago, both Greensboro and Winston Salem had great city festivals where they would block off downtown on a Saturday and Sunday, have craft vendors set-up to sell their wares, provide top name entertainment, and had some awesome food vendors. What ever happened to these two events?

It seems that both Thomasville (Everybody's Day) and Lexington (Bar-B-Que Festival) draw 1000's of people for their one day festivals. Just wondering why Greensboro and Winston Salem gave up the idea.

I am not sure why, but both Greensboro and Winston-Salem have events going on downtown usually every weekend during the spring and summer months. I know Winston has Thursday at Five, Friday are 4th Street Jazz and Saturday nights are rock groups on Trade Street. And Winston has the Rock the Block every September. Greensboro has a lot going on downtown as well.

I think Dell should pick some of the sponsorships for these events because they are really vital to the downtown area.

Archived