State of the City '06

Cotuit

www.CicillineLies.com :shok:

so many people are bashing the city on the PROJO survey... someone who hasn't posted needs to post a good one ;)

Someone claimed that RI doesnt offer movies being filmed here any tax breaks, but Mass does??... I think that is wrong, but I can't post anymore, 1 per customer :(

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone claimed that RI doesnt offer movies being filmed here any tax breaks, but Mass does??... I think that is wrong, but I can't post anymore, 1 per customer :(

That is very much wrong. If we didn't, why do people think all these fills are suddenly coming here. People are stoopid.

www.CicillineLies.com :shok:

was this site setup becuase of the fireman's contract problems? i see it posted on their little signs that say how long they've been without the contract. i've also noticed people hanging signs for this site from telephone poles now...

is cicilline anymore of a liar than any other politicians?

oh yeah, that site seems more to just bash him than to have any real intelligent conversation...

The $3 billion in investment number is very sketchy. It includes, for instance, the $700-or-so million highway relocation, and basically every project that's on the drawing board, even knowing that only a quarter of 'em will ever break ground...

was this site setup becuase of the fireman's contract problems? i see it posted on their little signs that say how long they've been without the contract. i've also noticed people hanging signs for this site from telephone poles now...

is cicilline anymore of a liar than any other politicians?

oh yeah, that site seems more to just bash him than to have any real intelligent conversation...

I would like to see this labor dispute resolved as soon as possible, but I must back the mayor in his desire to protect the citizens/tax payers of Providence. The fire fighters must pay a portion of their health benefits. Health premiums are spiraling out of control. All of the other unions in the city have agreed to pay a percentage of their health premiums, why can't the fire fighters. I love them, but they must realize that Vincent "Buddy, love those unions" Cianci is no longer mayor.

I would like to see this labor dispute resolved as soon as possible, but I must back the mayor in his desire to protect the citizens/tax payers of Providence. The fire fighters must pay a portion of their health benefits. Health premiums are spiraling out of control. All of the other unions in the city have agreed to pay a percentage of their health premiums, why can't the fire fighters. I love them, but they must realize that Vincent "Buddy, love those unions" Cianci is no longer mayor.

I think the Fire Fighters contract is only one of many Issues that the mayor faces with the public works employees. The Police union is not with him, Ripta hates him, and it seems as if Lombardi and the mayor

Unlike Cicilline, Lombardi is with Paveolino one of those chickensh*t politicians who only announced he was running for mayor only after Cianci pulled out.

Lombardi comes across as petty, vindictive, and very prickly in public. (I can only imagine what's he's like in private!) He's got the charisma of an ashtray.

Cicilline is much more of a modern results-oriented politician a la Bloomberg whereas Lombardi seems a throw-back to a time when politicians catered very narrowly to their local and provincial interests and the all-powerful public employees unions.

If Cicilline can hold together his coaltion of educated and relatively affluent liberal voters and of Latinos, he's in.

I look at it this way; because these unions dislike him this much tells me he's doing his job and looking out for the people of Providence. These unions were in bed with the last administration to the point where they think stealing from the tax payers of Providence was their right and it was not to ever be questioned. That's why Cicilline will be reelected.

If memory serves me correctly, Lombardi was considered a joke by the electorate in the last election. He was "acting mayor" during the last election and was dismissed. He doesn't have a prayer. He really should consider that before he embarrasses himself again.

Unlike Cicilline, Lombardi is with Paveolino one of those chickensh*t politicians who only announced he was running for mayor only after Cianci pulled out.

Lombardi comes across as petty, vindictive, and very prickly in public. (I can only imagine what's he's like in private!) He's got the charisma of an ashtray.

i wish that John Lombardi would come out in FAVOR of something rather than always reacting negatively or just being the mayor's foil. I believe he has it in him to champion some great policy in the city because he does listen to other people, doesn't believe he knows everything and asks of others their opinion on things he's not as well-versed on...

BTW, in private (and in public often times), he is a warm, thoughtful person who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it and is a very loyal and attentive, friendly individual.

what you see on TV in 15 second snippits, and sound bytes in the Journal are not always a best judge of a politicians character--mayor, council, senator--whomever.as with anything in providence, your mileage may vary.

Glad to hear that he has a good side. He does need to be way more positive in the way he comes across in public. Everytime he's quoted or interviewed, he ends up seeming disagreeable and petty. He's got to realize that one on one interactions with constituents only works on a very local level. If you're aiming for higher office, how you come across in the media is paramount.

i wish that John Lombardi would come out in FAVOR of something rather than always reacting negatively or just being the mayor's foil. I believe he has it in him to champion some great policy in the city because he does listen to other people, doesn't believe he knows everything and asks of others their opinion on things he's not as well-versed on...

BTW, in private (and in public often times), he is a warm, thoughtful person who would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it and is a very loyal and attentive, friendly individual.

what you see on TV in 15 second snippits, and sound bytes in the Journal are not always a best judge of a politicians character--mayor, council, senator--whomever.as with anything in providence, your mileage may vary.

GOP responds to State of the City talk [ProJo.com[

If you don't feel like reading it I'll paraphrase it for you. Mayor Laffey and Gov. Carcieri are gifts from heaven. Everyone in the state should be just like them and do everything they say.

Basically, one big campaign ad for Laffey and Carcieri reprinted in the Providence Journal. I hope the Journal at least charged them to run it.

Archived