Verizon Wireless in NWA

Mith242

Not really sure this deserves it's own topic but I wasn't sure what topic to put it in. Verizon Wireless moved into the Little Rock market recently. But it could still be a year or two before it's available here in NWA. Apparently Joplin already has it. Here's another example of Joplin getting something before NWA, seems odd that that's still happening considering how big our metro is compared to theirs. I remember Joplin coming up in a topic before and how they tend to get some things well before NWA does. I guess it's because Missouri is a more popular and populous state than Arkansas.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember hearing about how Verizon opened three locations last week in Little Rock on the same day. I'll say that Conway will get one before NWA does, just a hunch. :D NWA is probably a year or two behind, but I'm sure we'll get a few. I can see one going in the Promenade, or Pleasant Crossing, since they are large shopping centers that need tenants.

Verizon is almost to Conway...they will be there 2Q06. Verizon is moving into NWA 3Q or 4Q this year. They bought out Leap Wireless (Cricket) and will be using cricket's towers in NWA along with other towers they will erect. Since the network will already be there, they will be there quicker.

http://news.vzw.com/news/2005/08/pr2005-08-03aj.html

Verizon is almost to Conway...they will be there 2Q06. Verizon is moving into NWA 3Q or 4Q this year. They bought out Leap Wireless (Cricket) and will be using cricket's towers in NWA along with other towers they will erect. Since the network will already be there, they will be there quicker.

http://news.vzw.com/news/2005/08/pr2005-08-03aj.html

Thanks for the info Tim and it's nice to see you. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I know I have seen a cricket dealer in Rogers, maybe down by St. Mary's. I had used Verizon when I lived in Des Moines, was the best service I have ever used, never had one issue with them. I will be switching as soon as I can if they come here.

I know I have seen a cricket dealer in Rogers, maybe down by St. Mary's. I had used Verizon when I lived in Des Moines, was the best service I have ever used, never had one issue with them. I will be switching as soon as I can if they come here.

Not if they come, but when. They are coming this year...but not sure when. There are links posted somewhere on here with the article str8 from their website about the launch of service there and the purchase of leap wireless, which owns cricket.

Not if they come, but when. They are coming this year...but not sure when. There are links posted somewhere on here with the article str8 from their website about the launch of service there and the purchase of leap wireless, which owns cricket.

Yeah everything I've heard if basically a question of when not if. I can't remember exactly but I thought I saw mention that it could still be a year or so before it happens.

Archived