New Construction and Renovations in the Heartside District

MJLO

Hey Grid Girl,

I think you're getting some terms mixed up. A catacomb is a place to stash a dead body. An Areaway is an extension of a building under a sidewalk or street.

Although, I'm sure someone has stashed a dead body in an areaway before. :P

Nitro

Nerdy Nitro:

My apologies. This was the term that some of the Downtown business owners used since the tunnels are used as storage places. You never know what you might find down there.....

Would "UnderGR" work better in reference to the undergound?

Anyway, a buddy of ours is working on setting up this tour. Let us know if you're in.

BTW, last night the contractors were pouring concrete on Division by Cherry. They were sitting out in lawn chairs protecting the smoothness. I had a great time trying to walk down the sandy street with heels on and red wine.

• 2 months later...

Figured this was as good a thread as any. I took a pic today of the recently completed Martineau portion of Avenue for the Arst on S. Division:

90701858_31b8f9efdc_b.jpg

(edit: oops if you saw the other pic)

I also got some snapshots of the new office building (old garage) on Commerce. I like the fact that there are windows on three sides, offering some great views of the surroundings.

90701859_512fe8827d_b.jpg

90701860_bd0ecc726a_b.jpg

90701861_215a858e76_b.jpg

Its too bad thats an office though, It would have been awesome as a bar :D

Anyone know anything about the City's plans to put a parking structure of some sort on the two surface lots between Division and Commerce? I believe the lot that fronts on Division is 45 Division and the lot that fronts on Commerce is between 38 Commerce and 62 Commerce. The city does not appear to own either lot.

John Denver brought up the same thing on this thread:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21348

That would be these parcels:

97778600_946d88277f_o.jpg

I wonder if this means they are going to abandon their plans for the ramp on Ionia? I had also heard rumors that a residential structure of some sort was going in that area around Commerce, but that it was a "shot in the dark" type thing.