New Construction and Renovations in the Heartside District

MJLO

Some companies are still clouded by mis-perceptations from the past. I continue to suggest that Little Caesars open a store downtown.. if it were to offer hot-n-ready pizza slices as it does in Byron Center, it would do quite well. Unfortunately the higher-ups continue to say "we tried it once, we had no business." They tried it once about 10 years ago, and they weren't in the core.. they were in heartside and in the west side. But they take the failure of those locations 10 years ago and attribute it to a failure in the core today. Then again, the people I work for aren't the most intelligent anyways =p

Some companies are still clouded by mis-perceptations from the past. I continue to suggest that Little Caesars open a store downtown.. if it were to offer hot-n-ready pizza slices as it does in Byron Center, it would do quite well. Unfortunately the higher-ups continue to say "we tried it once, we had no business." They tried it once about 10 years ago, and they weren't in the core.. they were in heartside and in the west side. But they take the failure of those locations 10 years ago and attribute it to a failure in the core today. Then again, the people I work for aren't the most intelligent anyways =p

Find an investor & start your own franchise!!! :thumbsup:

Shots of the nicest parking structure in town. It is buried behind the Renucci Hospitality House at Spectrum. All you see is the entrance tunnel.

Liner buildings are a great way of hiding a ramp and adding life to the street.

193567983_7856f884f5.jpg

193568144_2bfce24617.jpg

193568274_05f6da3cf3.jpg

193567803_51553cc81d.jpg

Which city is this in?

It does look nice!

What street is that? Crescent, Bostwick, Barclay?

For some reason I cannot picture where this is...and I live in Heritage Hill!

I want to say Ransom, if you took it from GRCC toward Spectrum's backside where it curves and becomes Crescent (?). It's on the East side of Ransom.

Find an investor & start your own franchise!!! :thumbsup:

It's an extremely long process to become qualified by LCE to carry the franchise name. Currently the franchise in GR is being sold out to 2 old supervisors in the company (hopefully one of these two will seizze the opportunity) and all purchases have been on hold for about a year right now to allow time for one of the two supervisors to get the OK from LCE to own a store.

Shots of the nicest parking structure in town. It is buried behind the Renucci Hospitality House at Spectrum. All you see is the entrance tunnel.

Liner buildings are a great way of hiding a ramp and adding life to the street.

193567983_7856f884f5.jpg

193568144_2bfce24617.jpg

193568274_05f6da3cf3.jpg

193567803_51553cc81d.jpg

This entrance is connected to Spectrums south parking ramp which is on Lafayette. It is a big ugly gray parking ramp that was designed to have brick cover it but for some reason the brick was never installed. Hospitality House is on Barclay. It was built in 1998.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have any information on work going on at 123 S. Division (the taller building on that block with the bay windows) and 139 Sheldon (the little church-like building behind the Loyal Order of Moose on Division)? Both look like they're being rehabbed now. 123 is one of my favorites along that stretch.

Also, RapidGrowthMedia is reporting the Kelsey Building Apts as part of the Avenue for the Arts project are wrapping up and should be available in October, featuring 12 affordable "artists" apartments, and 2 market rate apartments.

Anyone know if anything is happening with the buildings on the west side of Division on the block that the Harris and similar buildings are on. Everything is boarded up, and many have had artistic designs painted on them.

The buildings have a lot of potential if given a little TLC, but right now the facades scare me.

Anyone know if anything is happening with the buildings on the west side of Division on the block that the Harris and similar buildings are on. Everything is boarded up, and many have had artistic designs painted on them.

The buildings have a lot of potential if given a little TLC, but right now the facades scare me.

123 is one of those buildings. I just noticed today that it looks like they are working on the upstairs. 101 S. Division is the one with many of the new murals on it (ArtSide). Afraid of a little grit michaelskis? Last I heard, 101 is looking for the right kind of use that will make economic sense. The current owners have not had it very long.

123 is one of those buildings. I just noticed today that it looks like they are working on the upstairs. 101 S. Division is the one with many of the new murals on it (ArtSide). Afraid of a little grit michaelskis? Last I heard, 101 is looking for the right kind of use that will make economic sense. The current owners have not had it very long.

Grit no... But it looks too much like an urban version of the lost boy

Also, I just read that the plot of land on Commerce that the "Heartside Peace Garden" is on just got bought by a Lansing developer. They plan on building a 32 unit rental complex on this property, along with the property on the north side that has the tan building on it.

Wow, read where Prankster?

I have some photos of the work I talked about earlier. I'll post when I get a chance.

Also, I just read that the plot of land on Commerce that the "Heartside Peace Garden" is on just got bought by a Lansing developer. They plan on building a 32 unit rental complex on this property, along with the property on the north side that has the tan building on it.

Is that the space right near Wealthy and Commerce?

333 & 349 Commerce?

Edited by john_denver