New Construction and Renovations in the Heartside District

MJLO

Photos as promised:

123 S. Div

237276205_51894e6937.jpg

Kelsey Apartments (the buildings on Williams are a part of this)

237276204_0462002ffd.jpg

139 Sheldon (on the Cherry side)

237276206_401d711508.jpg

On the Sheldon side (is that a mural or graffiti)

237276208_f17822364a_b.jpg

And in regard to the new apartment rumor, 349 Commerce is now owned by (as of 6/2006):

GRDC LLC

213 Ann St

East Lansing, MI

213 Ann St also happens to be the address of the Post Bar in East Lansing, which is the same ownership as the newly opened Grand Woods Lounge on Grandville :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

RapidGrowthMedia has more information about the new artist apartment projects in the 200 block of Division, if anyone is interested.

Has anyone in the Heartside area heard more about the apartments planned for the current Peace Garden location? It sounds like it's the same developer as the 61 Commerce renovation near Cooley, and Grand Woods Lounge.

• 3 weeks later...

What a difference. Looks like they still have a few touches needed around the ground level. You can also see to the left the back patios of the other portions of the Kelsey Apt complex (the green and gold buildings a few posts up^^)

271240772_fe1cd8cd41_b.jpg

This is a beautiful building...I'm impressed!

Though technically outside the Heartside District, I noticed this redevelopment project at 449 South Division south of Wealthy today, by Gotham Ventures (?). Ground floor retail is fully leased and loft condos up. Sure would be nice to see some urban infill to tie all these projects on Division together.

274083005_bd2e8aa67b_b.jpg

274076761_96442780fe.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I do like how the new parking structure look like real buildings instead of the typical looking parking ramp like the one on Munroe Ave. across the street from Rosa Park Circle.

Or the one Hinman owns by Louis Benton Steakhouse. :sick:

I'll post this here too. I'm hoping the new ramp will help unleash some of the proposed projects in this area. I haven't heard a peep more on the two apartment projects near Commerce & Oakes, and I think they might be waiting for parking?

303625614_f92355d64d_b.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After having an interview in this area of town, I can see why it desperately needed some MLP.

MLP? What's that? And as for this area of town it's my favorite area DT to park, there's always a spot somewhere. I'm sure the ramp is needed, but i've never not found a spot over there.

What makes it automatic? Does it mean there won't be any parking attendants?

That's right. You take your ticket with you and when you come back you feed it into a machine and it tells you how much. You pay with cash or credit, and it validates the ticket to exit. Most public parking here uses this system.

MLP? What's that? And as for this area of town it's my favorite area DT to park, there's always a spot somewhere. I'm sure the ramp is needed, but i've never not found a spot over there.

Multi-level-parking

I tend to make acronyms for things that don't need them.

Why I feel its needed is because I'm thinking if you have one MLP Ramp, you could eliminate two or three surface lots.

I would think by automated it is like the gate at the surface lot off of Fulton at Plaza Towers (where Kinko's is) I would imagine.

I would think by automated it is like the gate at the surface lot off of Fulton at Plaza Towers (where Kinko's is) I would imagine.

I heard/read somewhere the automated system replaces the need for a live person at the gate to take your money. The gate will have a way to accept cash, coins, debit and credit cards for payment before letting you exit the ramp.

Does the Kinko's surface lot have one of these gates? If so, I wonder if it is working well for them.