TALLAHASSEE TRAFFIC!

TD

sorry, but what the hell is the matter with the COT? Its so hard to drive around tally lately, cars everywhere and bumper to bumper. We need traffic solutions! We need a cross town high speed road a north south corridor, or something, Im tired of all of our neighborhood small streets and the traffic! its disgusting.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that this is why funding huge improvements to Taltran/StarMetro got approved relatively easily. Per the commissioners, we could make a good size investment to reduce the need for new roads by just 5%, and save quite a bit of money in the process.

Good point, Toolman.! As long as StarMetro does follow through with their plans for increased routes, extended hours, easier transfers, etc we will hopefully see an increase in ridership translating into less congestion from all the single occupant vehicles.

I love the impact his kinda ruling will have on the core areas! Truly it will help to elliviate, if not only with students, the vehicle traffic on important DT roadways. But the through traffic of dumptrucks and semi's, and students heading to far fetched jobs, will still clog tennesssee gaines and monroe. there must be something we can provide for those not headig to the court house or city hall...

I love the impact his kinda ruling will have on the core areas! Truly it will help to elliviate, if not only with students, the vehicle traffic on important DT roadways. But the through traffic of dumptrucks and semi's, and students heading to far fetched jobs, will still clog tennesssee gaines and monroe. there must be something we can provide for those not headig to the court house or city hall...

The only thing that big that's on the books long-term (2030 Long range transportation plan from CRTPA) is a toll road running from Bradfordville to the coast. I do agree that a redesign of Tharpe St is something that I would love to see, since I'm perpetually stuck in the 3 block jam to turn onto Monticello every afternoon about 5:20

Man...that report is a lot to digest! :wacko:

Like you, TJ...it will take me awhile to review all of this information but I'm sure there's some interesting stuff in there we'll be able to discuss.

psycuda, Thank you very much for pointng us in the right direction for this information. I see the proposed Red Hills-Coastal Parkway you mentioned. :) I sure hope this isn't a toll road whenever it does happen. Great to see the other proposed roadway widenings, additions and/or extentions all over the place also. Too much good stuff in this report...I can't absorb it all fast enough!

Archived