Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cotuit

Providence Parks and Green Space

Me neither, the NE is my home. I have been to every state in the country either for business or pleasure. I keep loving the Northeast though.

i could absolutely live other places: Chicago, San Fran, PDX, Seattle, Vancouver BC and any number of cities in europe and asia. where i would have a hard time living is anything south of NYC.

i could absolutely live other places: Chicago, San Fran, PDX, Seattle, Vancouver BC and any number of cities in europe and asia. where i would have a hard time living is anything south of NYC.

Curious as to why not? They essentially are the same things we have here. The philly waterfront is actually much better than ours at this point. what are the features of a waterfront that make it "major"?

Wanted to add that Penn's Landing in Philly is a good use of the waterfront with a lot of attractions for tourists and residents. http://www.pennslandingcorp.com/default.aspx

i grew up on the shore. I love swimming and being in the water. I wouldn't swim in any of our rivers up here, and i wouldn't swim in just about any river in any major city. But we are close to the ocean with all the cities i listed save Chicago which has a lake the size of an ocean.

i don't think i'd enjoy living anywhere other than the northeast. i've been to texas to visit and it's just not for me... everyhting is so spread out and sprawly. and i was in houston.

Oh, agreed. After all, Meg and I moved here from AZ -- and no way would we go back out West; it sucks, as we found out; they claim you should Go West, but when you get there, you find out it's a mirage. Much better back here. All's I'm sayin' is that there are more stupid laws here, not that the East is less desirable overall.

Urb