Providence Parks and Green Space

Cotuit

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Curious as to why not? They essentially are the same things we have here. The philly waterfront is actually much better than ours at this point. what are the features of a waterfront that make it "major"?

Wanted to add that Penn's Landing in Philly is a good use of the waterfront with a lot of attractions for tourists and residents. http://www.pennslandingcorp.com/default.aspx

i grew up on the shore. I love swimming and being in the water. I wouldn't swim in any of our rivers up here, and i wouldn't swim in just about any river in any major city. But we are close to the ocean with all the cities i listed save Chicago which has a lake the size of an ocean.

Oh, agreed. After all, Meg and I moved here from AZ -- and no way would we go back out West; it sucks, as we found out; they claim you should Go West, but when you get there, you find out it's a mirage. Much better back here. All's I'm sayin' is that there are more stupid laws here, not that the East is less desirable overall.

Urb

Archived