Record Trade Deficit

TennBear

The U.S. trade deficit soared to an all-time high of $725.8 billion up from previous record of $617.6 billion set in 2004. In fact, it marked the fourth consecutive year that America's trade deficit has set a record. The deficit with China hit an all-time high 201.6 Billion, as well as Japan 82.7 Billion, EU 122.4 Billion, OPEC 92.7 Billion, Canada76.5 Billion , Mexico 50.1 Billion, and South and Central America 50.7 Billion.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An example would be if Israel exported 25 billion worth of trade goods to a certain country but imported 30 billion from them, then Israel would have a 5 billion trade deficit with that country.

The United States has some huge trade deficits with countries like China and that is considered economically unhealthy.

The U.S. trade deficit soared to an all-time high of $725.8 billion up from previous record of $617.6 billion set in 2004. In fact, it marked the fourth consecutive year that America's trade deficit has set a record. The deficit with China hit an all-time high 201.6 Billion, as well as Japan 82.7 Billion, EU 122.4 Billion, OPEC 92.7 Billion, Canada76.5 Billion , Mexico 50.1 Billion, and South and Central America 50.7 Billion.

Yep. Globalism has been good to us. :sick:

We have sold our souls for pennies.

I love it when you go to a store and see a pair of jeans for like $120.. and you think "Hey, at that price, they must be made in America. I might just support my fellow man and buy a pair".. that is until you open the tag and it says proudly "Made by a small child making slave wages in a country you haven't heard of since the geography bee in 8th grade"... and you think.. "Oh how wonderful. This company gives jobs to the poor in a far off country. I want to support them even more. Why aren't these jeans even $150?"

Hmmm... I also hate sarcasm.

It's ridiculous.. prices continue to rise despite outsourcing of our jobs. Jeans are just a good example. Computers would be a bad example. But hey, it isn't my job to be balanced-thinking.

Archived