Start of a Downtown Residentail boom?

weill

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

electricmonk, it sure is good to see you back on the boards. Why has Roanoke forsaken us?

Wish we could see a map and learn where the old YMCA is in relation to downtown.

Is it true that Mill Mountain Playhouse has shut down?

And has the new art museum been well received?

And what's with the dole-out from the city to support Ukrops?

Not sure where every one went. Looked around at some of the other city pages here and a few of them seemed abandoned also. :dontknow:

Here's the location of the YMCA building. It's on the western edge of downtown just past City Hall and the courthouse. Church Ave

This building on the opposite end of downtown is also being converted into apartments. If you really like trains it would be a cool place to live. Campbell Ave SE

The Mill Mountain Theater did shut down. Supposedly for one year while they regroup and reorganize.

I think the art museum has been pretty positively received even by some former detractors. I don't have any stats to back that up just what I get from talking to people.

I caught just a brief thing on the news but didn't get the details the other day about Ukrops. Only thing I really caught was that the Walgreens is nearly finished but they are waiting for corporate ok to start stocking the shelves. I did hear them say that since the city has waited the project out this long so far they don't have much choice but to give it a few more months.

Archived