Kernersville

wscruiser

I had lived and worked in Thomasville all of my life. When it was time for our youngest son to enter High School, I made a decision that it wasn't going to be in Thomasville. For some reason, I have always found the Winston Salem area appealing, so we looked around for something in the south Winston area. We found the home and neighborhood that suited our needs and made the move. We located in a very convenient area; 15 mins. to Hanes Mall area, High Point, or Kernersville.

The Hanes Mall area is getting so congested that we usually head toward High Point or Kernersville to dine out, or go shopping. In the past couple of years, its usually more Kernersville than High Point.

For the smallest town in the triad area, they have more positive things going on than the larger cities. They have great restaurants, good shopping areas and they're only getting better. Most of it was there before Dell was even an idea. But, with Dell making their home close by, I look for big things to happen.

One of the things that I've noticed about Kernersville vs. Thomasville, is the fact that they do not destroy the older homes and buildings, they work hard to see that they are restored to their original beauty. Kernersville proper is a very clean town. They have a lot to be proud of, and it shows.

No, they will never have a skyline, at least not in our lifetime, but tall buildings aren't necessary for a great place to live and visit.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived